002

SAHLE CHANEL CARTER
BOOGIE
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

" what's ya plan boog?"  Xyan Asked Me as we sat at the breakfast table eating breakfast burritos my dad made as my dad packed my lunch.

" I don't know the goal is to make Atleast one friend this semester. Dad made sure I got the cooking class on my schedule so that should be fun, my schedule isn't long . I get out at Twelve Fourty Five." I told him shrugging.

" dang what's ya schedule lemme see" I took my schedule out My tote bag and handed it to him.

I had To be to school at Nine O Clock and it was only Eight Twenty.

" Lemme see the fit Boogs!" Dakyan yelled walking into the kitchen where we sat at the breakfast table.

I stood up showing him my outfit. I wore a black poster girl no regulations black crop top, with my baggy Kobeque High Rise splatter print distressed straight leg jeans , I paired the fit with my Rick Owen's Bumper leather high top Sneakers and my black tote purse.

I had a lace front curly wig with a side part on my head Isadora idea of course but I felt good in my skin for the first time in a long time.

" huh take this, you look beautiful" I smiled taking his black sweater knowing I would need one anyways. " thank you Dah Dah"

" welcome !"

" bag chack" I huffed handing my brothers My Purse, they were so over protective but I understood completely.

I sat back biting into my burrito that was almost finished as they went through my bag.

" Noise Canceling Ear Plugs —check , Hand Sanitzer — Check, stress ball — check, Fidget — check , school supplies —check !, charger and headphones—check, Keys—check"

They went on and one pulling out things of my purse " where's your emergency kit?" I huffed feeling my face turn red " it's in the zipper part"I mumbled as they unzipped the zipper not pulling it out but nodding seeing that it was there. Ugh this was so embarrassing my emergency kit consisted of new underwear's and some pads and wipes just in case I caught my period since it's so irregular.

" okay everything is good let's add some snacks I know you get antsy when you're hungry." I nodded knowing how true that was I can't believe i forgot.

My Dad went into the snack pantry and grabbed me a pop tart , caprisun, hot popcorn and two mini water bottles. " can I get some fruits too?" I asked no one In particular.

Kasahni went into the fridge and handed me some fruits to snack on.

" okay everything good let's go." I nodded taking my purse once everything was back inside.

I followed Xyan to the car , I guess all the boys wanted to drop me off on my first day and I was so grateful.

I climbed into the backseat as my dad hopped in the passenger seat and Xyan hopped in the drivers. Kasahni and Dah Dah sat on each side of me sticking me In the middle.

We all sat in silence stuck in our own thoughts. " what's on ya schedule boogie?" Sahni asked I huffed " ask Xy I showed him earlier."

" okay and ? I'm asking you."

I rolled my eyes and he flicked my forehead making me whine " Stoopp dont mess my make up , up Sahni.— I have Creative Writing first Period , AP Math Second , Ap History Third , Cooking Class than Lunch once i finish lunch I'm coming home because I have no other class , but on B Days instead of Cooking Class I Have Gym." I told him listing off what I remembered.

" aigh I'll be picking you up today." I nodded leaning my head on him relaxing.

___

I Was Walking In School Looking for My Second Period Class, I haven't found any people that I click with but it's only the first day so I'm trying to stay positive. I don't need friends I just really want some.

I'm tired of only speaking to my brothers and them pushing isadora on me when I know she has friends her age that she rather hang with, don't get me wrong issy was nice as heck to me she always included me into whatever she was doing but sometimes I felt like a burden on her especially since I wasn't her responsibility.

I walked into Ap Math And walked Straight to the back , I was disappointed to see the seat I wanted by the window taken by someone. I chose to just sit next to them.

Once I got situated I pulled out my Notebook and grabbed a Green Pen out my purse for math, I had one of those notebooks that was already sectioned off , I planned to use it for all Four Of My classes .

" aye can I get a pencil or sum?" The person next to me asked , I turned to see a very handsome boy. I nodded and went in my purse grabbing a pencil then handing it to him. " thank you" he mumbled .

" you're welcome. You can have it I have more."

He only nodded in response. I watched the teacher get up to close the class door as the bell rung.

" okay Class My Name Is Mr. Black —" he indeed was a black man. " Welcome To Ap Math , this class can either be easy or it can be hard it's up to you. Every Day you come into class there will be notes on the board"

He pointed to the board where it was Labeled Notes.

" You take those notes down , I will not ask you if you got it done because you're all old enough to follow simple directions."

He sat down at his desk " Also Every Day You Come Into Class You take A sheet off my desk and do it. It's based off your notes. To Me It'll never be hard because you have the notes but if you're genuinely struggling I can help you or pair you with a person that knows how to do it. The choice will always be yours. Since today is the first day I'll give yall a break. When I say your name say here or present."

I wrote down the notes while I went down the line calling People Names .

"Ahnyx" the boy next to me that took my spot and asked for a pencil said here .

He said  few more names before he got to mine " Sahle"

" here"

[ but with the black and white tote bag]