Chapter 2-6: It's Time to Rise

Narrator: "Now, we pick up a little time after where we left off in Season 1."

Shoto (Age 15)-
"Aizawa, come on." Midoriya exclaimed.
"Yeah, get up." Tetsu said.
"I didn't think Aizawa slept." Bakugo said.
"Of course he sleeps you dumbass." Yosetsu said.
"Wake up Aizawa." Kirishima said.
"Yeah, wake up!" Sero exclaimed.
"Come on Aizawa." Jade said.
"Aizawa, wake up. Aizawa wake up!" I shouted, and he finally woke.
"Hmm?" He asked.
"Don't just summon us and then fall asleep, old man." I said.
He smiled at us. "Huh?" We all asked.
"Is everything ok?" Midoroya asked.
"It's fine, just dreaming about the past is all." Aizawa said.
We all smiled at him, chuckling. He took us all to lunch where we laughed and talked, just having a good time, and then we went back to the campus. "Listen up, there are a few reasons why I called the 8 of you here." Aizawa said.
"Hmm?" We all asked, licking our snow cones he bought for us.
He smiled. "First things first, the 5 of you that aren't Special Grade, have been recommended for a promotion to Grade 1. We have to do a few things, but it's gonna happen. Second (holds up a 2), Tetsu, Midoriya...Toshinori has requested that the two of you investigate the many disappearances in Osaka. Get going, Nemuri will drop you off." Aizawa said.
"On it." They said, and they headed out.
  "Meanwhile, Awase, Kirishima, Bakugo, the 3 of you are headed to Shibuya, I'll meet you 3 at the car. Tsukuachi is waiting for us." Aizawa said.
  "Yay!" They exclaimed, pumping their fists into the air and heading out to the car.
  "Sweet, we get a break." Sero said.
  "Yeah! We can actually go enjoy summer!" I exclaimed, and we high fived about to leave, Jade grabbing our shirts to stop us.
  "Not so fast. The 3 of you have an extra special request from Solaris himself." Aizawa said.
  "Huh!?" We all 3 asked, in sync.
  "How much do you know about Solaris, and do not answer Jade." Aizawa said.
  "Aww, hmph." She muttered, a bubble in her mouth.
  "I know he controls the barriers and veils we use...but that's about it." I said.
  "Solaris was cursed with immortality when Seraph forced him to drink from the fountain. However, he is an old man...but every 500 years or so, Solaris has to perform an annihilation with a Blessed Sun Vessel so he doesn't evolve into Godhood and become too powerful for us to defeat." Aizawa said.
  "Why can't he evolve?" Sero asked.
  "Because it could destroy the very world if he did." Aizawa said.
  "Oh!! I get it! I think I understand now! It would be fine if he evolved into Ninetales, but we can't have him evolving into Mega Ninetales. So, we have him start over from Vulpix." I said.
  Sero narrowed his eyes at me, giving me a very annoyed look. Jade chuckled a bit, covering her mouth. "However you want to look at it, just find this girl and protect her until you can make it back here. You can find her in Yokohama. You can take the bullet train." Aizawa said.
  "I'm sorry...how will we know who the vessel is?" Sero asked.
  "Oh! I'm sorry, her name is Mikasa Tanaka, she's 15 years old. She lives with her parents in a high-end apartment." Aizawa said.
  "Gee thanks." I said, as we all 3 put on our school uniforms.
  "You 3 please be careful and come back alive." Aizawa said, and we all gave him a thumbs up, heading out.
  Sero pulled out a cigarette, putting it into his mouth. He lit the cigarette and started smoking, his hands in his pockets, slouched over forward like a sloth, and I was drinking a cola and walking, leaned back and lankily with my blue-tinted round sunglasses on. Jade was slowly trailing up behind us, gripping her biceps as we walked through the forest to the city part of Kyoto.
  "What if this girl doesn't want to merge with Solaris?" I asked.
  "Then we won't make her." Jade said.
  "That's not an option! If we don't he'll evolve and bye-bye world." Sero said.
  "Nope, another perfectly quaffed lie made by the council to keep Aizawa in line. Solaris's immortality will, eventually, make him evolve into a God, but he's perfectly beatable. The three of us could easily defeat that old bag of bones. The only thing is, the barriers and veils would cease to exist and be as strong as they are, which is fixable. There is a way to cast a perfectly good veil, and a perfectly good barrier without Solaris's cursed techniques. I'm not making this 15 year old girl merge with Solaris if she chooses not to. I'll fight the both of you if I have to, to keep her safe." Jade said.
  "I agree with you." Sero said, simply, as he blew smoke from his mouth.
  "I'm in, so, it's settled. If this girl decides she doesn't want to go through with the annihilation, we'll take her home." I said.
  "Of course, we'll end up fighting Solaris." Sero said.
  "Yeah, but...it'll be worth it." Jade said.
  We got to the bullet train and all 3 sat down side-by-side, shoulder-to-shoulder. Hanta was listening to his music on his yellow and black AirPods Max headphones as he twirled a drum stick.
  I was also listening to my music on my blue, red, white, and black AirPods Max headphones, playing a game on my phone.
  Jade, on the other hand, was fidgeting with her necklace anxiously...and I had no idea why. Eventually, Hanta fell asleep, arms folded over his chest and head laid against the back of his seat.
  I pulled off my headphones, pausing my music and gently took Jade's hand that she was using to fidget with the necklace. "Ok babe, what's going on?" I asked, softly.
  She took a deep, shaky breath. "Baby, I just can't shake this horrible feeling I have about this mission." Jade said.
  "Talk to me, tell me what's wrong babe." I said, gently, holding her hands, now fully invested in her mental well being.
  She looked over me. "It's just...why send 1st years? Shouldn't this be something my dad or Seth does?" Jade asked.
  "We're the 3 strongest sorcerers, right? That's why Solaris requested us specifically. Whatever happens, happens...but the 3 of us will be fine if we do this together." I said.
  "I know that, and I'm not worried about killing Solaris if we have to at all...it's more like I'm feeling the uneasiness that lies in between now and then. Everyone knows what a Blessed Sun Vessel is, and people are cruel and dangerous. We could be fighting non-stop against mercenaries, kidnappers, bounty hunters, religious groups, cults, organizations, other sorcerers, hell even Unregistered Special Grade curses! This girl is the most wanted girl in the world right now, and while we're all 3 strong, I worry about us being worn down and exhausted. Maybe not you, or Hanta...but me? If I'm fighting non-stop I'm gonna be exhausted." Jade said.
  "Hanta and I will be exhausted too...but...the 3 of us are...well, us! We'll fight and protect this girl with our lives if need be...no matter what happens. For better or worse, Hell or high water, the 3 of us will come out on top, I promise." I said, putting my arm around her and kissing the top of her head.
She smiled and leaned into my chest. "Maybe I'm just scared you'll dump me if she's hot enough." Jade said, jokingly as she playfully elbowed my side.
"Nah, she'd have to be extremely hot for that to happen." I said, jokingly and Jade laughed, playfully shoving me.
I smiled and pulled her against me. "Thank you Shoto." Jade whispered, looking up at me.
I smiled, looking down at her and kissed her lips. She kissed back. "I love you Jade, and I want to be a better boyfriend to you." I said.
Jade chuckled. "You don't need to change for me, I love you just the way you are. Whenever you're more comfortable, it'll be better for you. I promise." Jade said, and I smiled kissing her lips...by the Gods I love this woman with every part of me.
I smiled, and kissed her even longer. Jade giggled and adjusted after we pulled away, lying against my chest, putting her AirPods Pro in her ears and listening to her music.
I smiled and put my headphones back on, resuming my music. Hanta started to fall towards the guy sitting next to us, so I caught him and pulled him back towards Jade and I. Jade chuckled and I let Hanta lay his head on my shoulder, holding Jade against my chest as the train headed to Yokohama.