Chapter 1

Pic: Hunter ^^^

>>>Jay<<<

Deafening music and heavy smoke filled the air yet all I could focus on were fluttering lids and a pair of pale lips pressed tightly together. A joint sat between them as he inhaled, eyes closed and head tilted back. His already sharp cheeks hallowed. His jet black hair, shaved on either side while long in the center, was a perfect mess atop his head. He was leaned back, lazily, against my headboard with one long leg bent beside his straight one and his shirt had risen up. I caught a glimpse of the black script tattoo on his hipbone while the ones covering his left arm in a colorful, three-quarter sleeve were on full display. He was the hottest thing I'd ever laid my eyes on. 

"Dude." Kale hissed at me, "You're staring." 

I ignored him, consumed in the image that was Hunter. His stormy eyes fluttered open at the sound of his cousin's voice. He smirked with just the tiniest upturn of one side of his lips. Though they were red rimmed, his eyes held mine captive with his intense gaze - I couldn't look away. Surprisingly, he winked at me before blowing out smoke, the color of his eyes, towards me. I leaned in, as close as I could get away with getting, and inhaled the sweet smoke that had swirled through his lungs. He licked his lips, passing the joint on to Kale without removing his eyes from mine and I glanced down at his now glistening, lips. I found myself, high off the weed we were passing between the three of us, inching even closer to him. His lips found their smirk again and his eyes found my own lips. I leaned in even closer now. 

I flew off my bed, the sound of pounding on my door getting louder to pierce it's way over my music. 

"Shit, is that your dad?" Kale asked, coughing on his inhale with the shock of the banging coming from the other side of my door. Catching a glance at the time, I cursed under my breath. 

"Get rid of it!" I ordered hurriedly. They were both quick to jump from my bed. Hunter threw open my window and Kale threw out all the evidence of our activities as I turned on my fan, spraying my pungent cologne around the room to mask the smell. I couldn't help but laugh at the funny dance Kale ended up doing in the center of my tiny room as he tried to push the smoke out of the window. However, the banging continued and I remembered the task at hand. I sprayed myself with the same cologne before removing the towel from in front of the crack beneath my door, meant to keep the smoke from leaving my room. I breathed in for courage before flinging my door open, glaring at what I found in front of it. 

"You've got to be fucking kidding me! I thought you were dad!" I yelled at my little brother, angry now that I realized I had Kale throw everything out the window for nothing. I grabbed Dustin by the collar of his shirt, pulling him to me threateningly, bringing his scared face to mine. "You little shit, if this isn't something worth my time I'll beat the crap out of you while my friends watch."

He didn't take my threat as seriously as he should have. Instead, he tried to shove my hands from his shirt as he sassed back, "Your friends? You mean your one loser, drug addicted puppy and his cousin, who only comes around when you two are offering him free weed?" 

I glared, pulling him even closer since his efforts to pry me off him were futile. "You're an idiot if you think I'll let you talk about them like that." I hissed, low and threatening. 

"And you're an idiot if you actually think Hunter shares your affections." That was it. I pulled my fist back, his face my target but I was pulled away from him before I could swing. Hunter held me back as Kale shoved Dustin out of my room roughly, so much so he had to catch himself on the wall beside his own door, across from mine.