Chapter 5

Pic: Dustin and Jay^^

>>>Jay<<<

"You're an idiot if you think Hunter actually shares your affections."

Dustin's words, brutal and taunting, flew through my mind the whole night and into the next morning. I couldn't focus on anything other than just how true I found them to be and the emotions that they stirred within me because of it. I didn't want to face my dad but I couldn't stomach facing Hunter even more. Thus, I was finally on my way home - with no intention of just dropping off my brother then fleeing back to Kale's. No, I was going to spend the rest of my weekend, and probably the rest of my time in high school, actually living in my room once again.

Kale kissed me goodbye when he dropped me off but I was numb to the touch. I also wouldn't let myself think about the life shattering results that were bound to surface because of my stupidity. I'd kissed my best friend and he'd eagerly kissed me back but that was as far as I was willing to analyze my actions.

However, all thoughts were erased entirely when I walked into my house, hearing only the sound of my speakers playing one of my playlists. The distraction was everything I needed right now. Anger distorted every other emotion I'd felt since finding Hunter with his mouth wrapped around some buff guy's dick, and I was grateful. I let it fuel me completely as I flew through the empty house, finding the source of the music behind my brother's closed door. I barged in, fists clenched, eyes seeing only red but I froze.

Dustin was crying. With the realization came the acknowledgment of my sad playlist blasting throughout his bedroom. My little brother didn't realize I was there until I took a startled step back. His head snapped up in shock, his hands hurriedly scrapping away the tears that continued to fall from his eyes. He said nothing, only staring at me, and I did the same back, trying to understand what I was seeing.

"End whatever you have with my brother." My seemingly simple command reverberated throughout my skull, causing a low throb in my temple. "End it." I winced.

But Kale had been more than willing to do as I'd asked. Nothing serious could have happened between the two. Kale had better taste than my little shit of a brother. Dustin probably just got too attached, glad to finally have some friends, especially since they were mine. The little shit was just pissed that even though dad favored him over me, my friends didn't. He had no right to cry over them. With that realization, anger once again fueled my actions and I surged forward, snatching my phone from the speaker it was docked on. Dustin, whimpering as if in pain, lunged for the phone in my hand but I stepped back, leaving him to tumble to the floor.

"No! Please." he cried out but I was glad to finally give him of dose of what he'd caused for years to happen to me. I ripped my speakers from his bedside table, the chord yanking violently from the outlet but I couldn't care less at this point. He followed me out of my room, sobbing pathetically as he clung to my shirt.

"You don't understand! I need it. Just one more day!" He pleaded but I ignored him. It was my phone. What'd he need it for. He'd had it for a week with no clue what the passcode was. I slammed by bedroom door in his face, locking it against his twisting of the doorknob. His fists pounding on the door followed moments after, echoed by his sobs. I couldn't understand just why the hell he was so desperate for my things. He could listen to PVRIS on his laptop.

I unlocked the phone, surprised to find my messages open to a conversation with Kale - one that wasn't sent to me.

Please stop texting me. It was fun while it lasted but it's over now.