4

I walked down the hall and made my way to Terrance's home office. I softly knocked on the door and waited for him to answer.

"Come in."

I opened the door and shyly peeked inside. Terrance looked up from his desk and chuckled lowly. He removed his reading glasses and sat up from his crouched over position.

"You can come in sweetheart."

I walked in and quickly closed the door behind me. I walked over to Terrance's desk and sat down on one of the chairs in front of his desk.

"So, what's up?" Terrance enquired.

"I'm sorry for bothering you." I smiled at him shyly. "I just wanted to see you."

Terrance's smile seemed to brighten.

"You're not bothering me Bey. I'd love for us to spend more time together."

I giggled at the little nickname he gave me and sat back comfortably. I stared at Terrance and thought about the many questions I had for him. There were too many to throw at him all at once so I decided to ask the least important question.

"I wanted to know what school I'd be going to?"

Terrance frowned and sat back into his chair. I eyed him suspiciously as his demeanour seemed to change.

"You're not going to school."

I frowned. What does he mean? I opened my mouth to speak but he beat me to it.

"You'll be homeschooled. Quincy's homeschooled and I figured that it would be best for you to be as well."

Did I want to be homeschooled? I didn't really fit in at my old school. I had no friends and would usually have to sit in the library so that I could escape the occasional lunch break tormenting.

"Beyoncé."

I looked up at Terrance as he got up from his seat. He made his way around his desk and kneeled down in front of me. He took my hands into his and brought them up to his chest.

"I want you to be at home with me." He placed a kiss on the back of my left hand. "I've missed out on so much and I want to make sure that I make up for the time I've spent away from you. I get to see you all the time. I get to know that you're safe."

I slowly nodded. Homeschooling didn't seem so bad. I've always been awkward and shy and I didn't really want to struggle to make new friends. I didn't want what happened at my old school to happen again. And it's not like I'd be alone. I'd have Quincy.

"Quincy and I will be together?"

Terrance nodded and I smiled. I'd at least have one friend. There'd be no awkward introductions and no potential bullying.

"Okay."

Terrance smiled and kissed the back of my hand again. I could tell that he was very happy with my decision and it made me glad. I just want to make Terrance happy. I stood up to leave, but I thought of something.

"So, Jay and Chris aren't homeschooled?"

Terrance looked up from his desk and just stared at me for a moment. It looked like he was thinking of what to say to me.

"No Beyoncé."

I waited for him to continue. To at least give me an explanation, but he continued to look down at his paperwork.

As I made my way out of his office, I found myself in front of Quincy's door. I gave it a few soft knocks and giggled when I heard Quincy's squeaky voice tell me to enter.