Chapter 7: Still Friends?

Goh's POV

Chloe came back shortly after and told us that it would be okay to head off now. The three of us nodded and headed out of the door.
Since Chloe didn't have a pokémon that could fly either, it was supposed to be that Sereba would go with Ash and that Chloe would give with me, but because of how worried I am that the honey-blonde haired girl is getting to close with the boy I may have a crush on, I had to make a few changes.
"I'm sorry but I've made a few changes to the flying plan!" I announced.
"What do you mean?" Chloe asked.
"Well, I think that we should try it for once that I go with Ash and that Serens and Chloe could go together!" I explained.
Serena gritted her teeth angrily and Chloe looked at the floor in disappointment, it seemed like neither of them liked this change even though I thought they were really good friends.
"Sure, why not?" Ash agreed.
With that, the raven-haired boy out has Dragonite and I let out my Flygon. Me and Ash got onto his ait pokémon and Serena and Chloe goy onto mine.
"I don't even know how to fly a pokémon!" Serena complained.
"Don't worry, Flygon will make sure you get there, won't you?" I asked as Dragonite behan to hover off the ground.
Flygon nodded in response and Serena just sighed.
With that, Dragonite took off with me and Ash flying into the sky. It was such a nice feeling that me and him were so close together...

Serena's POV:

I honestly had no idea on what to do. I've never rode a flying pokémon before and it didn't seem like Goh's Flygon wanted to take off.
"Do you know how to fly a pokémon?" I asked her.
She was caught by suprise that I was actually talking to her but it didn't look like she really wanted to talk with me either.
"No..." She mumbled.
I just didn't really know what to do at this point but I knew I had to get Flygon up in the sky so we could catch up to Ash and Goh.
"Move it, Flygon!" I shouted and slapped it on the back.
The Pokémon was very startled by that and began flapping its wings. Then it soared off into the sky.
I looked around but couldn't see Dragonite so they must already be quite far ahead. I took out my Rotom Phone and clicked on the map to see where we were going.
Once I knew, I told Flygon to fly west so it did as it was told.
As we were flying, I really wanted to try and talk to Chloe but I just didn't know what to say. I was still angry with her that she slapped my soon to be boyfriend but it looked like I had made her upset earlier by trying to ignore her.
Because I had been so caught in thought, I hadn't realised there were pokémon surrounding Flygon. They were Wingulls and they were trying I peck at it.
"Hey, go away Wingulls!" I shouted.
When they heard my voice they all started to attack me too, and Chloe. After a while, a Peliper suddenly flew up to us.
"Uhhh hey Peliper!" I said with a lop-sided smile.
The Pokémon just looked back at me with a blank expression, I couldn't tell what it was thinking.
"Would it be okay if you didn't attack us too?" I asked.
The word "attack" made it narrow its eyes at us. It began flapping its wings and then used Air slash on Flygon.
It left the pokémon unconscious as it, me and Chloe began falling. I flapped my hands around so that I could get closer to Chloe and maybe hug her as she crashed but she just pushed herself away.
Luckily, we fell onto Flygon rather than the floor so we didn't end up injuring ourselves, but we ended up hurting it even more. I looked around to realise that we were stranded on a desert island but I was more concerned for out ride.
"Oh no, is Flygon okay?" I asked, looking at Chloe with hopeful eyes that this could be a way to start a conversation.
She didn't respond still. Chloe just looked really unsure of what to do...
"You know what, come with me!" I came to a decision and grabbed her hand.
Her face flushed like a tomato berry but I just ignored that and dragged her away from the pokémon.
As we were walking, I started to wonder where we actually were. I've been to Kalos, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Kanto and now Glar but I've never seen islands like this.
When I saw a nice little spot that seemed private enough, I ran over to it and dragged Chloe there with me.
"Hey, what are you doing?!" She shouted, her face heating red with anger.
"I just... I just want to talk!" I responded.
The tone wasn't what I was going for and she looked taken aback. We ignored it snd then sat down.
"Okay, go on then!" She said.
I took a deep breath and then started,
"Basically, earlier on, you slapped Ash,"
She nodded along like she didn't realise that was wrong.
"Don't you see that's an issue?" I asked, my face was mixture of puzzled and concerned.
"No not really, I do it pretty much all the time!" She answered.
I facepalmed myself because of how worse saying that made the issue.
"You're hurting Ash though!" I said.
"Pffffft-" Chloe laughed, "No I'm not!"
"Well, it hurts me!" I mumbled.
She looked hurt at this point too.
"H-how so?" She asked.
I took a deep breath.
"I have a crush on Ash!" I explained.
I saw fear wash over her face, I knew she didn't really know how to respond to that.
But luckily, just as an awkward silence between us was about to start, a Dragonite landed behind us. We turned around to see my hero Ash and Goh hop off.
"We are so sorry!" Ash apologised.
"We thought both of you were right behind us!" Goh added, his face looking guilty.
"Don't worry, it's all good!" I replied, smiling now that I finally got to see the boy of my dreams once again.
We all ran over to Flygon and found that it was awake. It must have just needed some time to rest then.
"Maybe I should ride Flyg-" Goh tried to say but I hushed him.
"No, I want to go with Chloe!" I said, stomping my foot with triumph.
I then turned towards the maroon haired girl.
"If that's okay with you?" I added.
She took a second to think but then she smiled.
"Sure!" She replied.
I felt a smile creep onto my face too, at least I got to keep my friend!