Zee

I reported to the studio at 8 am. the next day. P Aof wanted to see both Net and me before filming. We sat in his office, waiting for him.

I glanced at Net, who was dressed in a grey hoodie, his hair unstyled, loose, and  looked soft to the touch. He didn't cast any looks towards me but kept looking at his phone.

"How was your night? I was reading the script. There are so many lines! We are practically in every scene."

Net just nodded at my statements but didn't say anything.

"Think it's going to be a heavy filming schedule. Let's try and do our best. If we do it right, maybe we don't have to stay so long."

Net looked at me finally before he just muttered, "Well, going by what you did yesterday, I guess we may not even have to be in the same series anymore."

Before I could question Net on what he meant, P Aof came in, but he looked grim. He had a printout in his hand. He sat down, looking at both of us.

"Morning boys. How are you?"

We just nodded, mentioning that all was good. Well, I did, Net just kept quiet.

"I was going to talk to you guys about the series. But it looks like we need to maybe firstly discuss the possibility that my 2 leads are not happy with each other and also possibly fighting."

I stared stumped at P Aof. What did he mean? I looked over at Net. He just looked straight ahead at P Aof.

"What did you go say to P Aof?! You don't  even want to give this a shot, is it?"

Just then, P Aof and Net turned to look at me incredulously.

"What the fuck?! You were the one who sent New to fight your battles. Asking him to tell me to back off if I didn't want the role. You say this now?"

I was stumped. What? I looked at P Aof, who pushed the printout towards me. It was an email printout that had my name at the bottom stating that I wanted to drop out owing to the fact that I did not see the benefit of P Aof's creative juice and that Net and I would not make a good onscreen couple.

I was stunned. The email was mine, the writing was very similar to my style but I also knew I didn't do it. I was busy mugging the lines at the timing the email was sent. I looked at P Aof, stunned.

He looked at me for a bit and then sighed.

"I know both of you well. You may not like the pairing but you are still very professional enough to give it a shot. Net, yesterday when Nunew came to speak to you, was Zee with him?"

Net nodded his head no. P Aof asked me if Nunew has any access to my emails. I said he was at my house helping me with my lines and the laptop is there, free access to us both. P Aof sighed.

He rubbed his face tiredly. This man may be tiny but full of spirit and now he looked defeated or tired or both.

"I will handle this. I don't want either of you to approach anyone else on this. Now I am going to ask outwardly straight. Be honest. Do both of you not want to do this role?"

There was a long silence before we both spoke.

"It's just a role. We will do our best. But we just need some time to come to terms with it."

P Aof smiled at us. He told us to take a break for today while he handled these allegations. We both nodded and left. Net was walking off when I called out to him.

"Look, I am not sure what's happening. But I really didn't send that email."

Net just looked at me but didnt say a word but just nodded and left. I sighed. What had Nunew done?!