➶ 。˚ ☁️*:・゚ Chapter Five: Dreams・゚✧

┊ ˚➶  ☁️*:・゚✧*:・゚✧┌──❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚─┐*:・゚✧*:・゚✧┊ ┊ ⋆˚ ↶*ೃ✧

     Him and Dazai—it was just Dazai and him. Together. At his house. Sleeping. Dinner was just like any other time they ate together, then they got ready for bed and bid each other goodnight. Kunikida was beyond exhausted, and nothing could take him away from his bed right now, not even Dazai committing suicide. Except when it was time to sleep, he lay awake, blinking. What exactly was it, forbidding him from his much-needed rest?

     Was it perhaps his own mind running rampant with thoughts and questions, or was it the very Dazai sleeping next to him in his own futon? Kunikida stared up at the ceiling in silence, unsure if the other had already fallen asleep, unaware of Kunikida's sudden insomnia. He didn't dare look to his right; he could already feel the heat building up in his cheeks, his heart rate increasing, and his breathing tense and erratic.

He swallowed hard, turning to his left away from Dazai, and closed his eyes as tight as he could. He bit down on his lip anxiously, taking fast, deep breaths to try and calm himself down. Wait, why was he anxious anyway? It's just a colleague, just a colleague. He internally groaned in annoyance at himself—such out-of-character behavior for him.

He gave a small cough, trying to distract himself from the man beside him. Just one glance, he'd sneak himself just one glance of the other, of Dazai. He calmed himself down by taking a few deep breaths before turning a little, only to be met with wide, chocolate-brown eyes staring back at him.

     "AAAH-!" He screamed, jumping at the unexpected sight. He pushed Dazai away instinctively, causing the other to hit himself on the nearby table quite violently.

     "Gah! Oww, why're you so violent, Kunikida?" Dazai grumbled, rubbing his back soothingly. He glared back at his perpetrator in disgust—the same guy he dared to call his co-worker.

     "What's that look for?! It's your fault for scaring me!" Kunikida argued, slipping back into the futon with ease.

     "Tsk.." Dazai mumbled something inaudible to the other before slipping into the same futon for sleep, turning away from Kunikida. He stretched his arms out, yawning, before finally deciding to get some rest and not stay up to annoy others. Kunikida found this very pleasurable, dozing off in the blink of an eye.

☁️

A big cloud, so soft. It's massive, big enough for Kunikida to stretch out his limbs in all directions and still have plenty of space! So incredibly soft, Kunikida could sleep on this thing forever. The bright blue sky and calm summer breeze, with the bright, warm sun shining down on him, simply brought him to heaven. There's nothing that could disturb the fellow from his rest right about now. His eyelids felt heavy, and he let his eyes close, relaxing his entire body.

     "Hey Kunikida~" an annoying, pipsqueak-like voice cooed, disturbing Kunikida from his heavenly relaxation. His eye twitched, knowing exactly who that voice belonged to. Dazai glanced over at the cloud floating beside him. Dazai was dressed like he was ready for a summer vacation by the beach in Florida. A big aloha shirt with above-knee shorts, dark sunglasses, and a big sun hat. Dazai sported bright pink crocs, and he lay in a comfortable-looking, brightly colored hammock between two large palm trees.

     "What do you want? Leave me alone!" Kunikida groaned, trying to bury himself in the soft, feathery cloud material. It was so soft that it almost seemed to dissipate in his hands. He glanced back at Dazai, who simply saluted him, sipping on a brightly colored orange-pink drink in a tall glass with a lime slice and a small pink umbrella. He watched the ice bob up and down along with Dazai's slight movements, and Dazai watched the clouds flow past them as they themselves flowed along with the clouds they were on.

Kunikida noticed how it was just the two of them on clouds; of course, Dazai would follow him everywhere. But there was something—almost like a small voice—in his head. He got up and looked down where the ground should be. He was met with a thick black voice facing back at him, where the bright blue skies bled into the emptiness of black, in which the absence of light thrived.

He gulped the voice for a few seconds before his hand grabbed his, causing him to flinch. He looked over at Dazai, who now had a beautiful, multi-colored flower lei. Everything about this man was screaming Hawaii-themed vacation.

A small smile formed on Dazai's face as he stepped closer to where Kunikida's cloud ended, still holding the other's wrist. Kunikida had more than a second to react before Dazai pulled himself into the void, dragging Kunikida behind him. Kunikida, who gasped, who screamed, who fell into darkness.

☁️

     Soft warmth hit Kunikida's face, and he sat up. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. What a weird dream! He reached over at the table beside his futon and grabbed his glasses, his eyes refusing to open at the light. He adjusted his glasses to his face and turned to the sleeping Dazai beside him, asleep. He gave a small smile and admired his co-worker's sleeping face before catching himself and quickly looking away. A small blush on his face. 

┊ ˚➶ ☁️*:・゚✧*:・゚✧└───❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚┘*:・゚✧*:・゚✧┊ ┊ ⋆˚ ↶*ೃ✧

Fifth chapter, I hope you're enjoying it hehe..!! Why are they so cute??

╰┈➤ Author ╰(▔∀▔)╯03/01/24/11:37/PM