Entry 2: Target Acquired: Preston Dunn.

So during lunch today, I was sitting with Leah and a couple other cheerleaders who we share our lunch period with. It was nice. We mostly talked about cheerleading practice and how nice my stunts were getting.

As the best flier on the squad, I've been wanting to challenge myself a lot more lately. Despite our coach advising against it, we had been trying a lot of stuff we would never get away with in a competition. It was fun though, doing the illegal stunts. Getting tossed in the air and performing was like the only time I could bring myself to feel proud anymore.

While sitting there, eating my lunch, a couple of girls complimented my outfit and the luxury accessories I wore on my body. I knew a lot of them admired me. Maybe even envied me.

Since my father is rich, we have a lot more than the rest of the people in our small town. I never try to be too flashy but I will never stop myself from looking good.

"Parker, you're like the prettiest girl in the entire school. You could literally have any guy you wanted," Leah said.

I love when she tells me I'm pretty. To be honest, I love when anyone tells me I'm pretty.

The rest of the girls chimed in with their thoughts on my looks as well. Talking about my big brown eyes, my runway ready blonde hair, my tiny body and my freckles.

As much as I hated the light array of freckles across my face the other girls seemed to love them. Even the large beauty mark under my eye. It's always bugged me but my mom says I can't have it removed until I'm 18. She thinks I'll change my mind about it one day.

"No guy is going to want to date me after...."

"That's not true!" One of the girls said. "Any guy here would be lucky to have you."

I shook my head, very insistent that the boys now labeled me 'for the streets'.

"They're all under the impression that I was kicked to the curb by Drake. None of them are going to find me desirable. Besides....no guy in this school is nearly as perfect as Drake."

As much as I loathe and despise Drake. I can't deny the fact that he's beautiful. He's got these sparkling blue eyes and blonde curls that make you want to run your fingers through. His height and build are perfect for football and just all together his face is like a young Leonardo DiCaprio.

Literally, he could be a movie star.

Leah rolled her eyes at my last comment and went into an entire Drake-Hate speal. I love my best friend to death but I needed her to be realistic. Scoping out the cafeteria with the rest of the girls, there was absolutely no one who came close to Drake's level of beauty. At least, I thought so, until Leah pointed to a senior coming into the cafeteria from the quad.

"What about Preston Dunn?"

My fork slipped from my fingers as I looked upon the deity that is Preston Dunn.

I would never have considered it! There is absolutely no way in hell a boy like that would even look my way. Not in a million years. It doesn't matter how pretty I am. It doesn't matter how rich I am. It could never happen.

"Are you crazy Leah!" I began to laugh hysterically.

"Girl, Preston is the most unapproachable guy in school."

"I think Parker would succeed in peeling Drake off of Elizabeth before getting Preston to date her....no offense."

I really did not find any of this offensive. They were absolutely right. Preston was known for dating older girls. College girls. Women. Not Juniors like us. Not seniors his own age. Not anybody.

Every girl in school has had their eyes on Preston the entire four years he'd walked the halls of this place. I would have too if I wasn't so busy with Drake. The guy was a total package.

So you know how I just described Drake?
Yeah, reverse it.
Well... some of it.

Drake is tall but Preston is taller. Like by maybe a half a foot. He's just not as bulky as Drake because he doesn't play any sports. Preston's eyes are a very light brown with hues of gold and greens. So basically hazel. His hair is straight and dark brown and it's cut and styled so nicely. I can tell how soft it is just looking at it. His face is less soft and has way more definition. His ears are pierced too.

Preston has a lot of piercings. Even his eyebrow. So you can guess he and Drake also have very different styles. Drake is preppy. He wears things like Ralph Lauren or Banana Republic and a varsity letter jacket. Preston is more plain. He usually wears jeans or sweatpants and white t-shirts or strange band t-shirts. Drake drives a silver Mercedes and Preston drives like an old dodge charger or something.

I think you get the gist.

They are not the same.

"The two are polar opposites. Meaning, if I'm Drake's type, there's no way in hell I'd be Preston's type."

Hell, I'm already too young for the guy.

"You'll never know if you don't try." Leah shrugged.

The rest of the girls started telling me to go for it. They were convinced I could actually somehow win over the affection of Preston Dunn. I mean, if I could pull it off, I would be a Whitfield High School legend.

"Honestly, if anyone can do it, you can!"

"There's no way he could resist you!"

"You're like the only girl that hasn't tried yet! ...Maybe you're the exception."

I pondered this for a second as I eyed down Preston leaving the cafeteria. His style was not only opposed to Drake. It was the complete opposite of me as well. I wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell.

He is seriously so hot though.

The fact that he could maybe, possibly, actually say yes is totally worth the risk of rejection. He's the only boy in the entire school with the looks and the social status to make Drake jealous.

That settled it.

I was going to ask out Preston Dunn.

I can't really see this ending in my favor but I may as
well try, right?

For my viewing pleasure, as soon as I got home, I scavenged last years' yearbook and searched for his junior class photo. I found it immediately and cut it out. It's now my visual motivation. He pretty much looks exactly the same. His hair is definitely a little shorter but other than that, he's still fine as hell.