Chapter Two

Fluttering open, Emmi's cloudy eyes slowly adapted to her surroundings as the suns rays beamed through the circle shaped window, making her room more colourful and vivid. Stretching her arms wide, a small yawn escaped her crimson lips. The rose pattern night gown that she wore would be changed into new attire; an ebony coloured dress with white, long sleeves, rested on top of a pile of clothes, positioned on top of her grandfathers rocking chair. She gradually wandered to were her clean garments were and slipped them on, all fresh for the day ahead.

Rushing down the hallway to the kitchen, Emmi quickly grabbed a juicy peach: round, orange and red in complexion. "Do you not want anything else, honey?" Sounded her mother, leaning in from the wooden doorway, her dark auburn hair slipping from her shoulder. Her eyes gleaming with happiness at the sight of her daughter, in the early morning. "No thank you, mutter." As she skipped towards her mother, pecking her softly upon her cheek, her legs carried her off to the front door.

Resting in the sky, gleamed the sun in all its brilliance, no glum cloud in the sky to disturb it's radiant state. In front of her, the juvenile children giggled and whined- as all children do- but never resembled any hate towards each other after an argument over who's toy is who's. Why can we not all be like that? Emmi pondered on that thought for a while as a question popped up in her head. "Excuse me, but have you seen the men that arrived here last night?" She asked the children with the sweetest tone possible. Most of them shook their heads, only one of then nodding.

A small blonde boy stepped forward, fiddling with his fingers, his sky blue eyes glued to the ground. "They went to the forest with Koko. The girl that they are going to make Till's wife-"
"Ssshhh! Why did you tell her that? Nobody was supposed to know!" All the others hissed at him for spilling the girls secret. "Thank you for telling me. At least one of you can be truthful to your elders." Turning on her heel, Emmi started towards the green forest that loomed before her, not that it wasn't scary.

Giant trees grew tall above her, like green and brown giants perching from above. Many furry animals roamed the forest for like squirrels and foxes, their first red coats burning through the twigs like a bush fire in the night. Every time she caught glimpse of a fox, its eyes would be ablaze and red with pure passion for hunting, killing its prey with one deadly gnash if its jagged teeth. As she progressed through the forest, Emmi came across a narrow running river, gleaming with fresh water while it flowed from the mountains. She glanced at her surroundings... then she saw him. The very same man that remarked her as a beautiful young woman. Trembling with butterflies in her tummy, her feet found themselves wandering towards him with grass tickling her lower legs.

"I see you found yourself here." He slowly turned his head to face her and widened his eyes at the sight of her. A wild flush of embarrassment left her cheeks as she kept eye contact with the handsome catholic.