Your doppelgänger

"I need to go to South Africa today, I thought to tell you so I don't just disappear like that, so yeah, that's all." Stunned Gabriel looks from Imisi to grandma Quincy who doesn't look so shocked or surprised. He is about to speak up when Imisi beats him to it "don't worry ill be alright, no one can hurt me" Gabriel retorts sharply making her cringe in pain "I'm not worried about you being hurt. I'm worried about your mental health, why would you just wake up and say you're going to ...." Grandma Quincy cuts I'm off with a wave of her hand and turns to Imisi "when are you leaving dear?" She asks sweetly. Sighing she responds and turns to Grandma Quincy "today, I've already enrolled in a school over there so I'll be fine" Gabriel, finally calm, responds "when will you be back?" Imisi is about to respond but his phone rings interrupting them. Imisi passes the phone to him and leaves to start packing her bags.

                                            30 mins earlier

Waking up with  a start, I sit up in my bed, drenched in sweat and panting, struggling to breathe. I rush to pick my phone to call Gabriel and see the time is still 2:00 AM but I call him anyway. He picks on the first ring shocking her. A few seconds later she snaps out of her reverie embarrassed and speaks up "hi, um, are you awake?" Of course he is you dummy, he picked on the first ring "yes, I am, couldn't sleep. What abut you?" He says sweetly and calmly over the phone "um..." I stammer "I slept but woke up abruptly soooooo....."after a while  "I need to see you and Grandma Quincy like in 20 minutes, can you be there?" Hoping he would agree I cross my fingers and sit upright. "20 minutes yeah? Okay see you there" I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding. "Thanks"

                                            40 mins later

"She's crazy, I swear , she is. she can't just get up one day and say she's leaving for somewhere in the middle of nowhere, its senseless, reckless and CRAZY" he says with his voice shaking and barely a whisper and his face turning red as if from frustration and anger. Grandma Quincy says gently and unaffectedly  "she knows what she is doing and I've heard South Africa is a beautiful country and she won't be alone, what was the phone call about?"gesturing to the earlier interruption, the phone call, he responds "oh, that? Um apparently we have something to do in south Africa what for? I was not told but was asked to speak to you about it and leave as soon as possible"smiling Grandma Quincy walks towards him "you care too much to the point you were worked up over nothing"she pats his shoulder "about why?, I need to see an old friend" she walks past him and stops abruptly "we leave today" she turns around sharply with a tone of warning "without Simi, she must know nothing about this if she asks what happened that we are leaving find something, anything to tell her except the truth" she leaves the room.

IN SOUTH AFRICA, A FEW WEEKS LATER

Imisi has finally arrived in S.A and has enrolled herself in westchester Bay High, Tami's school and on her first day ..........

TAMI'S P.O.V

"Yo, I hear your doppelgänger has arrived except she is slightly prettier than you" someone says from the classroom door, referring to me ,turning to the door I see Jarel walk in my crush since the first grade and family-friend, laughing I stand and meet him halfway punching him playfully "for you to say someone is slightly prettier than me it means she is way prettier than me" everyone bursts out laughing. All of a sudden the laughter dies down as the wind follows a light chocolate skinned girl wearing a white cropped shirt, a black tie, a black tennis skirt, white air Jordans and her black curly hair let down causing the boys to stare in admiration. Jarel walks up to the girl "hi you must be Tami's slightly prettier doppelgänger, I'm Jarel, nice to meet you" she smile causing his heart to melt a thousand tomes more than before before she responds "hi I'm Imisi Gold nice to meet you as well" her voice laced with honey "um... who's Tami?"the whole class turns to face an angry and flustered me and she walks towards me while my bewitched classmates create a clear path for her she stretches out her hand for a shake and speaks "hi, I'm Imisi, can we talk please like right now?" I slap the hand away and respond "hi I'm Tami, its not nice to meet you", "no you can't talk, do not get within a mile of my sister" the response comes helping me complete my statement, I turn towards the door and see it's Alexis.