Memory 1: Kat & Hannah's Party

Rockland

Four

Blaine Baker's journal

Entry one:
[Summer before Junior year: 10 months prior]

"Have you seen the new girls!" Bryce laughed slapping one of the boy's back.

Some of the boys laughed and Scott chimed in, "If the sister is as hot as Hannah, totally tapping that!"

That earned more laughs from the group.

"Speak of the devil," One of the boys exclaimed nodding towards the house's porch. Hannah's sister hung upside down from the swing, her hair touching the floorboards below. Her bare feet sat against the wall and a wide grin spread on her face.

Cold air ran through her body and as she swayed in the wind all her blood came rushing towards her head.

She looked up at her bare toes in the dark and wondered where her sister had gone to.

Around her people laughed and take gulps from their red solo cups of liquor. Inches away from the girl a couple takes up the other end of the swing making out.
Of course she can't help but study them, she's not trying to be creepy, they just happen to be--interesting.

Hannah had disappeared inside the house she guessed had to have been hours ago. To come to mention it she'd been laying here awhile, so she hoisted herself upright and all her blood comes racing back into her tanned legs.

"Holy fuck," She mutters in her attempt to abandon the swing. The ground danced below her gaze and a sick feeling was rising in her gut. It takes a minute to regain full continuous and she gingerly holds her head and slides of the bench.

Deciding to find Hannah she goes back inside, pushing her way through the kitchen.
She had to the only one there not wasted off their ass.

Guess that what happens when your like her.
Wrestling is the only important thing to Her, she can't mess that up.

Kat had really gone all out for this party, the whole population of male athletes had taken over the living room, clustered around the beer pong table.

What a stupid game.

If she were to be honest, she could admit she was not the most noticeable girl in a room full of tan redheads and red lipstick blondes. So when the tall tan haired boy grinned at her from the crowd around the table, it was stupid.

But her whole world would grow a few inches longer.

---

I know what you must be thinking. And your wrong. My sister isn't the only one with secrets.

I may not have whored myself around school or lied about my age to a college frat boy I met on tinder, but I sure as hell have my very own secrets. So wouldn't you like to know the dead girl's sister's unclean slate?

Well I'll tell you.

----

"Ha! Monty's already got his eye on little Baker!" A boy sneered beside Bryce.

"Isn't she a Junior?" Justin asked looking in the girl's direction.

"Fuck off." Monty hissed.

But Bryce didn't put it away, "Hey man, if your not tapping that I sure as hell will!"