Steel ice

Sahara's pov

I could see the disgusted looks around the room. Honestly, i don't blame them. I'm still in shock that it even happened.

"Take the witch to Merlin. He'll bring proper judgement upon her. If not, the dungeon."
I sigh in relief. If i end up in the dungeon then i can make friends with Callista. I let the knights push me out of the room, roughly sending me in the direction of the stairs to Merlin's tower.
Keeping my balance was only one of the issues we had on the way up. The knights kept getting crammed and causing a stairs traffic jam. My arms were starting to pulse coldly, and i look down to see my hands literally melting. I hold back the groan for now, maybe i can use this weird new ability to escape.

I get shoved harshly onto stone floor. The door slams behind me.
Merlin raises his staff to my face, his eyes glaring at me with very hostile intent. why? i slowly hold up my hands in a surrender position.
"i mean you no harm. i came here by accident and the kings men already tried to take off my head. i'm not having a good day, but i don't want to hurt anyone." he glares directly into my eyes, but this time i can tell he's studying me instead.
"you chose an interesting time to be here. do you still have a name?"
"Sahara, my last name has faded though, call me Sahara Voidwing."
he pulls back his staff. i relax, slowly stepping to my feet.
"you have a name, better then that other one that just attacked."
"really?" he nods.
"Someone with a similar aura to your own. Covered in... odd boxes that rang with enchanted noise. Too mad to speak unfortunatly, it took much to learn that fire could wound it, and slowly, we broke them to nothingness. It melted into this."
He pulls a jar of slime out of a cupboard, the slime itself was suprisingly beautiful, glittering like thousands of stars in the night sky.
"It reacts to magic, almost seems to amplify it a thousandfold. But it can't store it. Do you mind if i test something? I need a second hand with this."
"If you can't help, well i'll get you some comforts in the dungeon. I won't let Arthur kill you." He says after a breath. I nod, following him to the table with the amulet pieces scattered.
"I sense the power of magic within you, i need your aid to enchant the pieces themselves to be nigh unbreakable, and rust proof."
I chuckle.
"Ok, i can handle that. Why not just work on putting it together?"
"It doesn't feel like the right time yet. I've run thousands of attempts, it always snaps apart as Morgana and i try."
I keep my smirk back, knowing exactly why.
I raise my hands, focusing my magic, it felt... slower somehow. Like it can't find a solid path to move through my body. But it was gathering faster. Stronger, more then i can manage. The magic bursts out so strongly that i blast across the room and smack my head.
"Urrrggghh owwwww."
I slowly pull myself to my feet again.
"Ok, attempt two. I'll go softer."
I step back to the table, and i raise my hands. As i focus, i start with a spark, steadily letting it build, till it
flows up to my eyes and i feel the soft warmth coming off them, my hamds also glowing a bright green. I focus on the enchantment i want to cast on the items and i touch each item. Each one glows with strong emerald light before dimming and i dismiss the cast.
"Fascinating. You don't pull on magical forces like Shadows or light to form your magic. Nor primal forces like fire, ice or nature. But rather your own Soul. Fascinating. Unfortunatly i will send you to the dungeon now. Arther will not like me working with foreign magicks for this amulet. Sorry." A portal appears under me in a snap and i wince as i land hard on the stony ground.
The portal shuts and i sigh. Time for the hard part. Getting callista, or Daya to trust me. I pull out my Soul. As i gaze at my emerald colored soul, i see a streak of purple energy sliding through it.

That might explain alot. The bursts of cold, the awkwardness of my magic, the melting bit i was dealing with earlier.

"What's a fleshbag doing down here?"
I turn to see the very troll i wanted to be down here for. Callista the Calamity.
"Because i'm a bit more flesh then the bags upstairs can handle." I show by having my wings poke through the bars.
"Heh, i like your spunk fleshbag. Names Callista." I pull in my wings and turn.
"Sahara, an honor to meet you Callista."
She smiles.
"Well good talk, you should rest. You never know what those rotten fleshbags above plan to do to us."
I nod and i walk over to the cavimg cot on the ground, sitting down carefully and lay down, my small wings folding against my back and i pull out my soul. The purple flickered through the emerald color, a reminder of my changing. I sigh and i put it away, deciding to think about this tommorow before heading off to a very restless sleep.