21

7:30. The time dessert was suppose to start.

He was anxious about her reaction. Is she gonna say yes or no? Is she gonna faint? Will she diss me?

A million questions ran through his head as William, Florence, and Felicity brought out the desserts.

"Grandma's banana pudding! You even added the whipped cream! It looks incredible!" Hassan watched her as she picked up her spoon and started to eat.

"Why are all of you staring at me? Is there something on my face?" Frances, Felicity, and Fiona laughed at their clueless sister as she shoved another spoonful into her mouth.

Her eyes doubled in size and she pulled the foreign object out of her mouth.

"What the.." She looked at Hassan and licked her lips as he got down on his knee.

"Faith Nelson, I love you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you and give your parents multiple grand kids. You just don't know how much I love being with you." She smiled and placed her hands on his face.

"I can't picture my life without you. When you're away from me, even for a few hours, I miss you like crazy. I just want to hold you in my arms and kiss you until you tell me to stop." Faith laughed and wiped the tears away from his eyes.

She couldn't believe how emotional he got and how happy she felt.

"What I'm trying to say is will you marry me? Will you marry me, Faith?" She nodded and stuck her shaky left hand out towards him.

He wiped the ring off quickly and slid the ring onto her finger before kissing her. "I love you, Faith."

She rested her forehead on his and smiled before wrapping her arms around his neck. "I love you more, Hassan."

Almost forgetting that her family was still in the room, she stood up and gave all of them hugs.

Once she approached her father, he wiped her tears and kissed her forehead repeatedly before hugging her.

"This is a blessing. I can sleep at night knowing you have someone who truly loves you and cares about your wellbeing. And, Hassan, you're already my son."

William shook his hand and pulled him in for a hug before letting Hassan hug Florence.

"Welcome to the family, baby. We're so happy to call you our son." He kissed her cheek and looked at Faith as she looked at her engagement ring.

"Look at her. She's so beautiful. Thank you for having her, mom." He grabbed her hand and kissed it before walking over to his fiancée.

"You think she's gonna be okay, Flo?" William wrapped his right arm around her shoulder and watched Faith interact with Hassan.

"Oh, yeah. Our once fragile baby is finally complete. You see that smile on her face? She's genuinely happy. I love it. After what she went through with that asshole, I'm glad she's happy."

Florence smiled and wrapped her arms around her husband's mid-section.

-

Sorry this was short, but they're engaged!! I'm so happy!

The song is Stuck With Me by Tamia and it is one of my favorite songs. I love it!