26

Faith has had a lot on her plate as of lately. From Hassan acting out and staying out late to the girl's at her new job getting bold with her.

She just wanted to leave Miami and get some alone time. The trip to Italy was still on, yet she was contemplating going.

The stress was unbelievable.

Attempting to escape everything, she checked into a hotel outside of Miami and turned off her phone. She's been there for a couple of days.

She left a note for everyone so they wouldn't panic.

"You needed this alone time, Faith. You deserve it." She sat her makeup bag on the bathroom counter and stared at her reflection.

She let her hair down and ran her hands through it with a smile.

For the first time in a long time, she felt good about her appearance in the mirror

She stripped her face of make up and removed the fake lashes before turning on the shower.

She removed her clothes and grabbed a wash cloth and towel before tying her hair up and stepping into the shower.

The steam and hot water greeted her, making her sigh loudly. She stepped closer to the shower head and closed her eyes before turning around.

Contently, she washed herself with her body wash and thought about going back to Miami. To Hassan.

Twenty minutes turned to forty minutes and she finally decided to get out.

She opened her eyes when she heard the hotel door close. "Faith?"

She gasped and wrapped her towel around her body as she listened to Hassan call out her name.

"Faith, are you in here?" He knocked on the door and waited for her to speak up.

"Baby, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I don't think I'd be able to forgive myself if I lost you. I'm a dumbass. I think the both of us know this." She cracked a faint smile and stepped towards the door slowly.

She opened it and sighed before stepping out. He followed her to the bed and sat down as she dried herself off and applied lotion to her body.

"Are you okay?" She nodded and slipped her robe on before sitting next to him.

He stared at her left finger and rubbed his hands on his pants nervously.

"Why are you here, Hassan? I'm honestly surprised you noticed I left." He rolled his eyes and placed his head in his hands.

"How did you even get a key to my room?"

"I told them I was your husband and that you were meeting me here for a getaway." She shook her head and glanced at him with a slight smile.

"How did you know I was here? Do you have eyes all over the place or something?" He laughed and pulled her closer for a kiss.

"I'm sorry. I don't know why I've been an asshole to you. You know I love you, Faye." She nodded and rested her head on his chest as he squeezed her.

He placed soft kisses onto her head while rocking her gently. She didn't want to cry.

Not in front of him again, at least.

"Are you coming home or do you need more time to yourself? To exhale or something?" She playfully rolled her eyes and sighed after sitting up straight.

"There you go. We're making progress." Faith couldn't help but to laugh at how silly he could be.

That's one of the things about him that made her fall in love with him so quickly. She didn't want to get off topic, so she got off of his lap.

"Why do you think it's okay to talk to me like the way you did? Staying out all times of the night and the unsaved numbers texting you late at night. That really hurt me." Hassan nodded and ran his hands over his head before looking up at her.

"I apologize. If you want to leave me, I wouldn't blame you. I messed up, Faith. Just hear me out." She crossed her arms over her chest and sighed sadly as he avoided looking at her.

"I love you. You're the only one I want to be with, girl. You must be out of your mind if you think I'm gonna leave you."

She stared at him and stepped towards him with a faint frown. "I love you too, Sani. I just felt as if I was being taken advantage of. I've been nothing but a good fiancée and super supportive. I deserve the same respect in return."

"Faith, I've been there for you. Don't make me feel guilty. Now that the season is over, I'll be there for you more often." He placed his hands on her hips and rested his head on her stomach.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Hassan, I really need some more time to myself. For a while." She slipped the engagement ring off and placed it in his hand before walking to the door.

"I'll see you back in Miami. We'll work this out. For my sanity, I needed to get away. Tell my sisters that I'm okay." He stared at the ring and stood up with a stoic expression on his face.

"I'll see you later." He walked out of the room and she closed the door quickly, feeling proud of herself.

She wasn't a confrontational person. Being disrespected so many times was starting to change her. She was stronger and finally felt worthy.

It's best to let the hurt go. Holding onto it only damages your heart even more.