-one-

Billie leaned against the island, waiting for Lucy to come in. When the blonde did, she raised her arms and screwed up her face, looking into Billie's eyes with her just as captivating ones.

"Dude, what's going on? Is everything okay?" She questioned, placing a hand on Billie's arm getting concerned that she had done something. Although they pretended not to like each other, they both knew that they were very compatible. Lucy was just too stubborn to admit it. The usually monotone girl shuffled nervously, fidgeting with her rings before speaking up with an anxious tone.

"Amelia is doing great and I am super proud of her but I feel like she has to talk about it or she gonna burst. I don't know how to approach the conversation with her and I feel like she might respond better if it came from you." She stopped to take a breath when she acknowledged Lucy's concerned face had only intensified as she rushed out her words, "Just because you grew up togeth-"

"I get you, babe." Lucy chuckled lightly, relaxing her face which helped Billie feel more calm, "You really gotta breathe, I know I'm so hot but we can't have you passing out."

Heat rose to her cheeks when the older but shorter girl confidently flirted with her. She looked proudly at Billie with a huge smile showing off her tooth gems and smiley piercing, she was super hot. Lucy noticed Billie zone out scanning her outfit for the first time today, she was wearing a mini skirt and matching crop top, white with red stars on. She shook her head and started dramatically posing.

"Are you done checking me out? We have a birthday girl to attend to." She smirked starting to walk out but quickly pivoting around when Billie got up to follow her, "I will speak to her. Later though, let's let her enjoy her high while it lasts huh?"

Jokingly Billie saluted her and continued to follow her back through as she giggled turning around again. When they got into the room Lucy sat beside Amelia and they both fussed over Shark, while the third girl headed over to a drawer where she'd been keeping Amelia's gifts and brought them over to the ladies.

"Guys I'm so excited! I can't wait for this day, I am so ready to be twenty-two." She cutely giggled and did a little happy dance as Lucy and Billie started handing her gifts.

Between them, they got her a bunch of jewelry, alcohol, clothes, candles and snacks. Amelia was extremely grateful for each gift, thanking them after every single one and trying everything on as she unwrapped them. The two of them couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness while she was so happy both being aware that it had to come crashing down at some point. Eventually, she got to a big one from Lucy, Billie could tell it was important because the blonde had grabbed her thigh as they watched her friend slowly open the wrapped envelope.

"Holy shit." Her jaw dropped, "You're kidding right? This is two tickets to see Renee Rapp."

Billie gasped furrowing her brow and Lucy started clapping and jumping up and down excitedly.

"Check when." She pointed at the tickets excitedly.

Another jaw drop. "It's tonight!"

"Wait what? Are you guys going to be okay?" Billie blurted out, jumping up from where she was sitting, Lucy started to feel a little frustrated with the other woman's overprotectiveness which wasn't subtle. "I just mean like-"

"Billie seriously chill, we're grown we can handle ourselves." Luce rolled her eyes at her dragging Amelia away to start getting ready.

-

renee's pov

"Towa, this is outrageous, how did you manage to leave your jacket in her hotel room." I laughed as she buried her face in her hands, "We're literally in a different state now."