Chapter 2

Way tried to avoid Kim's eyes for the longest time, only to realize he wasn't looking at him...

He was staring at his phone...

"What are you staring at?'

Kim looked up at Way from his phone...

"News..."

"About Tony?"

"No...."

"Then WHo?"

"Kenta..."

Way straightened in his seat...

"Kenta?"

Kim nodded...

"Why?"

"None of your business..."

"Considering you just received a call from Pete to keep an eye on me, I say it's indeed mine..."

"I never said Pete, you just did... I only said someone...."

Way started before turning his head... Kim looked at him before sighing...

"He... He helped me... When I was..."

Kim didn't need to continue for Way to understand, Kenta had been the one helping Kim since Tony caught him, and he was the one who helped Jeff take him out of Tony's caustdy...

"He did?"

Kim nodded...

"He discreetly helped all the time, hadn't it been for him, I would have been dead already..."

Way frowned...

"Why?

"Because Tony didn't care whether I lived or not, But Kenta did, he said it's not my fault... and He helped... Winner intended to kill me more than once... He was the one who talked to Jeff to take me away..."

"Our Kenta?"

Kim nodded...

"Not as hopeless as you think..."

Way leaned back, It seemed like all of them were messed up...

"So? Any News?"

"None Yet, They wouldn't charge him with Killing Tony since practically we all testified that it was in self-defense... Tony would have killed everyone hadn't been for Kenta..."

"The Other things?"

"He was under Tony's thumb, Same as you... It's not really easy but Pete said he had ways around it anyway..."

"He sure does..."

"He cared about you, you know?"

"What makes you say that?"

"Other than the fact that he called to let me know to keep an eye on you in case your talk with Alan takes a turn for the worse, or if you generally take a turn for the worse?"

"He is a mind reader..."

"I know... I heard about that... but still, I take he doesn't like using it... at least not on you, not if he has any other choice... You on the other hand..."

WWhydidn't need Kim to keep going on that... The Difference between Pete and Way was that while Way hated his power, he made use of them, Pete avoided the urge to use them...

"It's all for the sake of taking down Tony, He would lose interest once everything is wrapped up..."

"Doubtful..."

Way looked at Kim... an idea struck him

"What's next for you now?"

Kim shrugged...