CHAPTER 5

ORDINARY LIFE

Heaven knows that I've been told
Paid for the life that I chose
If I could, I'd trade it all
Trade it for a halo

And she said that she'll pray for me
I said, "It's too late for me
'Cause I think it's safe to say'

This ain't ordinary life

          __________________________________

Ezra POV:

I exited the room with my guard and stood before the elevator in the hall.

"Kom, please send someone to look out for Flora. Do not let her out of sight. I cannot take any risks with her," I said.

"Yes sir," he replied while nodding his head.

"Regarding the warehouses, what happened? Can you explain?" I asked.

"It happened during a shift change when someone sneaked in and set a fire. We were able to catch one of them, but the rest died due to being shot by the guards. I have already instructed Krit to take that person to the office," he explained.

"Did anyone get injured? Did anything get destroyed?"

"We have exported our latest products already, fortunately! There are only a few body armors left. And I am happy to inform you that all of our subordinates are safe," he said.

"Did you instruct the police to stay out of this matter?"

"Yes, sir," he replied.

"Good, I will handle it myself," I said. We left for the office. After what happened at the warehouses, I am really worried about Flora. If anyone finds out about her, they may try to harm her. But no matter what, she is mine now and nobody can hurt her.

*******

As I arrived at my office, I walked towards my cabin with my guards following me. When I got there, I saw Krit holding the hair of a man who was on his knees with his hands tied up in a rope.

I asked him, "Who sent you here?" but the man remained silent. Krit tightened his grip on the man's hair and tilted his head, saying, "My boss asked you a question, answer it."

Still, this dumbass is not answering the question. "If you're not going to answer... Well then...." I slightly moved my head so that Krit knows what he needs to do.

In another second, he took out his gun and shot at the thighs of the person. The man is crying out in pain. "Clear this mess up. And go find who sent this scumbag." I moved as Krit shot him in the head.

Scene 4

Kom is at the office working on the laptop. Suddenly, someone calls him up on his phone.

He knows the person very well, so he picks up the call. "Hello, Miss. Andrea," he said. "Why didn't EZRA pick up the call? I urgently want to talk to him," she says with anger.

"He's in a meeting; you can tell me instead," he replied. She sighed and said, "Fine... I want to meet him. Ask him when he is free."

"Miss. Andrea, sir has said that he doesn't want to talk to you about meeting each other.

He said that you both are just friends and he doesn't want to change the relationship between you both," Kom said. "Forget it, just tell him to call me back," she said in anger and ended the call.

Ezra Pov

Kom walked inside the meeting room where I was sitting.

"Sir, Miss Andrea called me and was asking about meeting with you," he said.
"You told her that I don't want to meet her?"

"Yes, sir, she asked me to tell you to call her," Kom said. I didn't want to talk about her.

"Anything special about Flora till now?"
"She has gone out only two times to get her food," he replied.
"Keep a check on her."
He left the room.

It's only been a few hours, and I am missing my princess badly. She looks so cute when she is drunk. I can't forget her drunk cute face.

Flora Pov:

A guard has been stationed outside my dorm room for the entire day. His constant presence is making me extremely uncomfortable, as he seems to be trying to invade my personal space. He has knocked on my door around 10 times today alone, just to relay messages from his boss. When he knocked again, I hesitantly opened the door to see what he wanted.

"What is it now?" I asked, trying to keep my frustration in check. "If you need to keep an eye on me, then just do it. But please don't irritate me by knocking on my door multiple times a day."

"I'm sorry for disturbing you," he replied. "But I have something to report to you."

"What is it this time? I really need to get some sleep. I have work tomorrow," I said, hoping to end the conversation quickly.

"It won't take long," he assured me, pulling out his phone. "Kom told me that Mr. Ezra has a message for you."

I knew it would be something cheesy, like "how are you, my princess?" I closed the door, but the guard put his foot in the way so I couldn't shut it properly.

"Miss Flora, I haven't told you the message yet," he said.

I sighed and said, "Just get on with it, then."

"Mr. Ezra wants to take you out for dinner tomorrow, so he asked you to be ready," he informed me.

"Okay, got it. Is there anything else? I really need to sleep," I said, hoping to end the conversation.

"No," he said, and I started to close the door again. But before I could, he yelled out, "My boss doesn't contact you directly for your security. He really likes you, Miss Flora. Why are you so mean to him?"

He said it so loudly that I can still hear it, even after I closed the door. The guards really care about Ezra.

"I don't know why, but these thoughts keep circling in my mind. Did he really fall in love with me overnight? How is it possible for someone to fall in love so easily? However, in my case with Rex, I also fell in love with him at first sight in high school.

So, maybe I can relate to it. But in the end, he left me alone. It's not that I don't want to fall in love, but whoever I love always leaves me alone.

If it's my father, mother, and then Rex, I just don't want to lose anyone else in my life anymore.

If I fall in love with him and he leaves me, I don't want to be more heartbroken. I have been shattered a lot due to my stepfather who treated me like shit. I never got this princess treatment.

But him treating me like this will definitely make me fall in love with him. God, please help me. I don't know when I fell asleep today without my sleeping pills, thinking about him only.

_____________________________________________

Leave your feedback in the comment section.

Don't forget to vote for the chapters, and stay tuned for the next update. I am sure you won't want to miss it! Thank you for your support.

🦋✨