Chapter 1 - A beautiful friendship

Kites pov

As I wake up I hear a notification on my phone.I look at my clock 07:30 am.I prise myself from my bed with a groan looking around to find my phone.I look at the notification it's a message from my best friend Aria Day.We've been best friends since year seven,we both came from primary school alone and we bonded quickly, we've been almost inseparable ever since.Her message read ...

Morning Squeak , hope you had a great sleep since I messaged you yesterday. Can we walk to school together today ?

I grin as I go over to the cage housing my two pet mice Timmy and Tommy. When Aria first came over to my house she loved my mice thus she began calling me Squeak.I always liked this little nickname and in all truth I found it quite cute.

I message Her back quite quickly.

Hey bubble,I would love to walk with you today I'll come get you from your house at 8:30 ok?

Bubble.My nickname for her this is derived from two traits of hers that I find very funny.The first of these is her upbeat and bubbly personality she has a smile for everyone and it really shows.The second is that whenever she's annoyed or pouting she'll puff up her cheeks.In response to this I poke her cheeks and say pop. This never fails to get her to laugh.

I sat upright on my bed and grabbed my school uniform that was hanging over the edge of my bedframe.I slowly got up and put it on and trudged my way down the steps to the kitchen.I wasn't really hungry today so i just grabbed a cup of coffee and started organising my homework.

At 08:00 I left my house and began the walk into the city.I live on the outskirts of Norwich in England and Bubble lives in the city.The walk was a while but at 08:27 I got to Aria's front door.I knocked a quick little tune on the door and her mother Karen opened the door."Oh hello Kite dear"she said with a smile opening the door"she'll be down in a moment". "Ok Mrs Day" i say back.

Three minutes later Aria practically jumped down the stairs and ran up to me."Hey Squeak"she said hugging me. She has light brown hair which today is tied up in a messy but nonetheless pretty ponytail and is about 5 feet and 5 inches tall.She is dressed in the female version of the school uniform. I smile at her"how ya doing Bubble?".
"I'm great"she replies back with a grin .

"You ready to leave Bubble?"I ask.

"Yeah"she replies happily as we walk out of her garden.