Water Park

*SPLASH*

I watch Kid Ritz slide down the water slide, splashing into the pool below.

I wait until he resurfaces, watching as he swims over to me.

Kid Ritz: "Did you see me?"

Ven: "Oh, I saw, alright. Was it fun?"

He nods happily, getting out of the pool before the next Rageon comes down.

I hand him a towel and his phone, watching him shake his head. Water flies everywhere, sprinkling me with cold drops.

Ven: "Nooo xo"

Kid Ritz laughs, wiping his face and putting on his sandals before coming closer.

Kid Ritz: "Aww, I'm sorry. I didn't realize I got you."

By his smirk, he knew exactly what he was doing. He grabs my hand, walking with me to the snow cone stand.

Kid Ritz: "What would you like?"

I look over the menu as he pulls up his wallet on his phone.

Ven: "Cherry, please."

Kid Ritz: "Sounds good."

He drops my hand to order, leaving me to watch the rest of the water park. I am not the biggest fan of water parks, but I can enjoy the sun.

It gives me a chance to show off my rhinestone flip-flops. And my cute bathing suit. Oh, and my sensational sunglasses... never mind, I like the water park much better now.

I'm brought out of my thoughts as Kid Ritz hands me my snowcone. We return to the cabana we rented, sitting in the sunshade.

We eat happily, Kid Ritz's lips and tongue turning blue from the blue raspberry.

Once we finish our cones, Kid Ritz throws away our trash. He comes back with a smile, looking at the water, then at me.

Kid Ritz: "Please... can we go in the water? Just once, and I won't ask again."

I roll my eyes, getting up while putting my sunglasses in my tote.

I take his hand, letting him lead me to the pools. He jumps in, spraying me with the water.

I shudder, really not into the idea of getting wet. I slip out of my flip flops, eyeing the water cautiously.

Kid Ritz: "You can walk in or jump. I'll be right here either way."

I take a deep breath, choosing to be brave and jump in.

*SPLASH*

As I hit the water, my body becomes shocked by the water. At least the pool is heated, but it takes me a minute of splashing around to warm up.

Kid Ritz: "You did it! Good job, sweetheart. I'm proud of you."

I splash around happily, feeling like a little kid. Kid Ritz tries grabbing my hand, but I swim away.

Kid Ritz: "Hey! Come back here!"

I laugh before swimming away. I'm in this damn pool, so I'm going to swim and make the most of it.

I swim away and under the waterfall. Once I'm on the other side of the water, I admire the rocks and vines hanging on the rock wall behind the waterfall.

Kid Ritz: "Gotcha!"

Kid Ritz grabs my waist, his cold hands surprising me.

Ven: "You found me!"

Kid Ritz: "That I did."

He smiles at me, his eyes flicking to my lips. He leans in, kissing me softly. He tastes good, like blue raspberry.

As we kiss, I move my arms around his neck. We pull away, the two of us smiling happily.

It's nice and quiet behind the waterfall; the only noise we can hear is the music playing from the speaker on the rock wall.

Kid Ritz: "You taste great."

He kisses my cheek, pulling my legs up to hold me in the water.

Ven: "You do too."

He smiles, kissing me again before some kids swim through the waterfall.

They're young enough not to care we're back here, but it still causes us to separate.

The kids play pirate loudly, getting Kid Ritz to swim out of the waterfall. I follow him, feeling like I'm transported back to real life as the sounds and light of the rest of the park come back into focus.

We swim around a bit more until I've had enough. I get out, toweling myself off with my fluffy pink towel. Kid Ritz does the same, shaking his head once more.

We get our stuff before walking to the outdoor shower. I give him the travel bottle of body wash I brought, letting him go first.

I watch as he rinses off, admiring how good he looks in his swim trunks.

Once he's done, I rinse off, enjoying the warm water. I feel his eyes on me as I rub soap on my arms and midsection, yet I don't look at him.

I finish, feeling much cleaner for the car ride home. We take turns changing in the bathroom, the two of us leaving the water park happy.

Kid Ritz takes the wet bag for me, placing it in the backseat before getting on the driver's side.

Kid Ritz: "Thank you for getting in with me."

Ven: "I'm glad I did. Turns out I like another flavor other than cherry."

Kid Ritz smiles, a blush running on his newly sun-kissed cheeks. We drive off, content with our day at the water park.