11. Crushes And Socks

Ven floats to what appears to be his living room, or rather, the rest of his house, not a part of his bedroom.

Ven: "All that food made me sleepy."

I can't lie and say I don't feel exhausted. After dying, which is wild for me even to try to fathom, coughing up water, getting stressed and scared... and... becoming whatever I did when I... ate my dinner, well, I'm worn out.

As much as I want to find the gang, my hopes decrease with each passing minute.

Ven: "Are you ready for bed?"

Kid Ritz: "I... guess so. I can take the couch?"

Ven: "What? Why?"

Kid Ritz: "I... am your guest."

Ven laughs as he takes my hand and takes me to his room.

Ven: "You don't have to be so silly all the time, though it's quite entertaining. You'll just sleep here with me so I can ensure you stay safe!"

I sense his excitement, and I don't want to upset him. I'm honestly still really afraid to say no to much of what he or any of the other fairies say.

I nod, yet quickly look away as he pulls off his top.

Ven: "What's wrong?"

Kid Ritz: "I... I don't want to make you uncomfortable while you're changing."

I blush hard as he laughs.

Ven: "Your cheeks are all pink! That's so cute! Don't be scared; I'm just pulling on my sleeping clothes!"

I still don't look at him as he continues to change.

Ven: "Okay, silly! I'm changed!"

I peek slowly and relax as soon as I see that he's changed.

Ven: "Now it's your turn! Though, hmm."

He goes to his small closet and pulls out a top. He holds it up to me, frowning as the top is at least an extra small.

Kid Ritz: "Yeah... I don't think that'd fit well."

Ven: "Your clothes are all dirty, though!"

Kid Ritz: "I know. They smell like the river and the forest, too."

I sigh as Ven walks up to me.

Ven: "How about you just sleep with your shirt off? Oo! And I have pants you can wear!"

He hurries to his dresser and pulls out brown pants.

Ven: "These were the first pants I ever made! They were too big for me, but I kept them anyway because I was proud of them!"

I take them and hold them against my waist. Well, they seem big enough.

Kid Ritz: "I'll try them on. Uh... I... guess I'll change in the bathroom?"

Ven: "Okay! Have fun!"

I smile before I step into the tiny bathroom. There's no mirror, simply a rudimentary shower, sink, and toilet.

I change and wash my hands for good measure, the sparkling blood over my hands still fresh in my mind. Against my better judgment, I take off my shirt.

I don't mind not having a shirt on. It's just around Ven, he makes me feel so flustered.

I sigh and exit his bathroom. He's sitting on the bed, holding Quesadilla, as he looks out his window.

I stare at him for a second; he is just... beautiful.

Ven turns and smiles as he sees me staring.

Ven: "Watcha lookin' at?"