Chapter 2

Beth's pov
--------------

Oh this is just what I needed.

I hate the universe for having Hayden and I conceived in the same year. I would've much rather prefered him being fifty years older with saggy ballsacks than standing in front of me right now with his skanky cake-faced girlfriend.

I shoved my way past him, nudging his arm harshly and making my way to home room.

"What have I ever done to you?!" He yelled after me.

"You were born! That's what!" I yelled back at him.

"Unfortunately for me, I have to put up with your shit!" He hissed as I made my way into home room and grabbed a seat at the back of the class. He shortly followed after.

"Well you wouldn't have to put up with my shit if you would just fall off the face of the earth!" I retorted, fuming with anger and annoyance.

The Bell rang signalling the beginning of home room. Val, Mary and Maddie were sat beside me listening intently to the way Hayden and I were constantly bickering.

"Alright class!" Mr Omar began.
"I hope you all had a wonderful summer, but now it's time to get some serious work done" groans echoing around the room as he called on his assistant to hand out our class schedules.

"I hope you enjoy your junior year. Goodluck"

More like bad luck.
I had double history then English and math before lunch. Are you kidding me!?
Let's just hope that I don't have any classes with him for the rest of the year.

The walk to history wasn't as bad knowing he wouldn't be anywhere near me. Unfortunately, it's just Mary and I. Maddie and Val have double calculus and were whining all the way there.

Mary and I sat next to each other at the back of the class watching as everyone filed in one by one.

"Good morning class" a stout looking old man with grey rimmed spectacles spoke up. I'm assuming he's the new history teacher everyone was talking about.
"I'm Mr.Duke and I will be filling in for Mrs.May for a few months. I'm not really sure how long but I'm hoping you guys enjoy my class" that surely is an understatement 'cause having double history first thing on a Monday morning is going to be a pain in my ass.

Mr Duke went on and on rambling about what he loves about history and what we will be learning when suddenly the door flies open. and......
This might just be the worst day of my entire life.

"Late to my class young man?" Mr Duke asked as he eyed Hayden.

"I got lost on the way" classic excuse.

"just make sure it doesn't happen again" Mr Duke warned him.

"Nice hickey by the way" everyone erupted in laughter and it reminded me of my first day here. That embarrassed look on his face as he walked to his desk. Classic Hayden.

Just as I thought I could bear this class, he spoke up.
"Why the fuck are you in this class?" He spat from across the Isle

"Why the fuck do you even care?" I whisper-yelled back at him.

Why in the god damned world did I have to end up with this dick?!

"Would you just shut the fuck up and leave me alone." I snapped at him before he could say anything more. He turned back around, facing the front of the classroom.

It's only been the first ten minutes of the first period and I'm already as bored as hell and super pissed off. I stared at the clock above the whiteboard anxiously waiting for the bell. But unfortunately it turns out that the more I stare at it, the slower time goes by and I found it painfully hard to keep my eyes open as I slowly drifted into a deep sleep.