Chapter 18

The restaurant they were headed to was very busy. Claire was happy she was able to get their reservations. As they parked the car she had to do a double take because again she thought she saw her parents. She meant to call her mom again and make sure she wasn't the one losing her mind. It had slipped her mind.

"Everything alright?" Danny has asked.

"Yeah I thought I saw my parents." Claire was just watching the rows in the parking lot.

"Well maybe they are having dinner here tonight as well." Danny had suggested.

They could have been but her parents had not said if they were going out that night. In all actuality they hadn't said much to her today she thought. Danny got the car parcked and opened the door up for Claire. They headed for the restaurant.

Claire was starving, tonight she just might order the appetizer and dessert.

Danny had ordered a bottle of champagne for their table and of course it being Valentine's Day they got a nice serenade from a violin player.

"Isn't this perfect?" Claire asked.

"It's a nice setting, yes. I'm glad you got us in." Danny winked at Claire.

"You know I have pull around this town." Claire was getting a sip of Champagne.

"How have you been feeling?" Danny hadn't forgotten that Claire had been having random dizzy spells and she was being a little stubborn on getting it checked out.

"They have stayed at bay." Claire informed Danny.

She wasn't lying. She was starting to not notice when they hit. She chalked it up to over working and probably stress.

"Just come into the office one of these days. I'll keep it strictly professional." Danny couldn't disagree with Claire that it was probably what she had mentioned but he just wanted to rule out any other possibilities.

Claire again reassured him that if they started getting worse she would take him up on his offer but for now they really were becoming less frequent.

The dinner was going beautifully and the food was great. Claire ordered sautéed chicken with wine, cheese and mushroom sauce. Danny had a steak dinner that Claire wouldn't have minded having either.

"So I wasn't going to bring this up but I think you'd be proud of me." Claire wanted to brag about herself on how she handled Brittany.

"Oh will I? What would that be? Danny asked.

"Brittany came into the shop today with her husband." Claire stated.

"Danny about spit out his campaign. He reached for the napkin.

"She didn't." Danny could only think the worst.

"Don't worry I was professional. She bought some earrings actually." Claire raised her glass in a toast gesture.

"Speaking of her, she hasn't been disrupting you ever since the last incident has she?" Danny was curious.

"No, it got nipped in the butt pretty much that night. Although today was probably another check in update for her. She has never been to my shop before." Claire also wondered who her friends were that mentioned her shop. She was pretty close with all of her customers.

"As I stated, I stood my ground and nothing was broken."

Dinner carried on and they were ready for dessert.

Claire wanted to do presents before the dessert came to the table.

"I hope you love this Danny." Claire had a small speech prepared.