| 33 | Moonlight ☾

__________________________________

I knew I would, the second I laid eyes on her, I knew I would never get enough of her. Every touch, taste, and look was a high no drug could replicate. The feeling of her being mine was so addictive, I needed her constantly, and I would do anything to have her. And I did everything to have her, and now that I do, I won't ever let her go. I can't, she's a part of me now, the sunlight to my moonlight, the part of me I will always love and need. She is the missing part of me I didn't know I had, she gives me a reason to try, a reason to give myself a second chance. She shows me that not everything is bad and that the world can be fully of so much joy and love... and I, Adonis Santoro, am utterly in love with Marceline Hawthorne. And I always will be.

It wasn't new; I've known I've been in love with her, but hearing those words escape her lips is pure ecstasy. She's divine in every way possible; she's sweeter than any dessert and more comforting than that warm drink in the middle of winter; she's that ray of sunshine that peaks through the split clouds that makes it look like you can see heaven.

She's my heaven on earth.

I don't know what will happen after this life; I've always been uncertain, but what I do know is that no matter what happens, I will always find her in every universe, in every life, and in every afterlife. I will always love her.

━━━━━━━━ ⟡ ⊹ ₊
"I want you to come with me."
I whisper as I trail my index and middle fingers up and down her bare back. She lifts her head off my chest to look at me.

"Are you sure?"
She asks in a quiet and soft voice, and I nod.
"For 29 years, I had an older brother, and I had no idea. I don't know how to feel, but I know I need you with me."

Finding out I had a brother and a sister after thinking I was an only child for my whole life definitely wasn't on my bingo card for this year, but a lot of things have happened that I didn't expect to. but truthfully, I wouldn't change any of it.

"Okay, I'll be right there with you, Mi Alma."
She smiles, and I melt all over again. I can't get over her smile. I would sit and watch her smile for the rest of my life if she would let me.

"Mia Vita, do you know what that means?"
I ask, and she scoots up to sit next to me. She thinks for a moment and tilts her head to the side.

"It's 'my life' in Italian, right?"

"Mhm, and that's what you are, little flower; you are my life; you're my everything; you're my reason for living."

Her face softens, and her lips pull into a small smile. After a moment, tears line her eyes, and she looks away. I take her face in my hands and gently turn her back to face me.

"What's wrong, Amore?"
I ask, and her big blue eyes meet mine, and I see pain reflected in them.

"It's... it's nothing; I'm okay."
She lies, putting on another smile and holding my hands with hers. She tries to mask the hurt, but I see it.

"You can tell me I'm here for you."

She pauses, takes a deep breath, and nods.
"I know. It was just so long ago; I should be over it." Tears fill her eyes again, spill over her waterline, and fall down her cheeks.

"hey"

I wrap my arms around her, pulling her into my chest, and she buries her face in my chest and holds onto me.

"You are allowed to still be upset; it's not your fault. Don't be so hard on yourself," I whisper as I run a hand down her hair and then pull back a bit. I cupped her face in my hands and kissed her forehead.

"I had a sister," she says and pauses, pinching her eyes closed, and I hold her.

"I'm the reason she's gone," she whispers. Tears spill out of her eyes, and I wipe them away.
"It's okay," I mouth, and she nods.

"When I was 12, my older sister, Sofia, and I were playing outside near the lake that had frozen over. In the late winter, our dad would take us ice skating on it, but it wasn't thick enough yet. She decided it was and went out onto it; I begged her not to. She tried to assure me that it was fine, so she jumped on the ice."

She chokes up, cutting herself off and pausing briefly.

"I couldn't save her; I wanted to; I needed to. I just couldn't. She's gone, and I was so scared I couldn't move."

I cupped her face in my hands, wiping the tears away with my thumbs once again. Her breathing shudders as she tries to calm herself down.

She leans into my chest and just sits there for a moment.

"I'm so sorry, baby; it's not your fault; you were just a kid."

I hope to offer her some sense of comfort. I wrap my arms around her and hold her until she pulls away slightly. "Thank you," she whispers.

"Anything for you, Mio Amore,"
She smiles. "There's my girl," I whisper, smiling back.

━━━━━━━━ ⟡ ⊹ ₊
I walk in and hear the shower running from the en suite bathroom. I untie my tie and toss it onto the bed, and I slide my shoes off as I pull my suit jacket off and toss it on the bed as-well.

I make my way to the bathroom; the door is cracked, and I can see the mirror is all foggy.
I push the door open and see her silhouette through the glass shower door.

She hasn't heard me yet, so I walk in and I unbutton my shirt and take it off, letting it fall to the ground along with my belt and pants. She turns and sees me; he pauses for a moment before speaking.

"You're home early,"
She sounds surprised; it's cute. Although I didn't scare her like I used to, I miss that.

"Mhm," I reply, opening the shower door and joining her. I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her into me. She looks up at me, and I lean down and press a kiss on her lips.

"On your knees, bambina,"
I whisper against her lips, and she smirks, "How about you get on yours?" Her words bring a smirk to my lips, and I slowly trail my lips down her jaw to her collarbone.

Slowly, I look up at her as I make my way onto my knees. She smiles, and I kiss her thighs.

"Ti amo, mondo mio,"