| 35 | Moonlight & Sunlight

__________________________________

I wanted to say I wasn't nervous, but if I did, I would be lying. My heartbeat quickened, and as we walked through the large, empty hallway, finally the man stopped at a door on our right. He turned and looked at us for a moment before opening it.

When he did, we walked in. The room was bare, with a small bed in the far left corner and a desk against the right wall. There's a small window on the far wall with no way to open it.

I see a man, my brother, sitting in a chair, staring out the window. His back is turned to us, and all I can see is his large, muscled figure covered in a white t-shirt and matching white pants. He has dark hair, like me.

The man shut the door behind us as we went in but didn't lock it.

"Miles?" I call out, my voice quiet but still loud enough to hear. He turns his head to face us, and I see his big brown eyes and striking facial features. He looks exactly like our father. It shocks me a bit; it takes some effort to stop myself from tearing up.

"I didn't do it," he says quietly, turning back to face the window again.

"I believe you," I say, walking closer to him. Mars stays by the door, and I glance at her before I speak again.

"I'm Adonis; I'm your-"

"My brother," he says, cutting me off. "i know"

My lips parted slightly and my brows furrowed; he knew? if he knew where he was this entire time?

"I couldn't leave her; I met my wife a year before mom and dad took you to the States. She was my everything. I'm sure you can understand." he says, and I glance at Marceline. I know exactly what he means.

"Then why didn't I know about you?"

"Dad wasn't happy, so he cut me out completely; I didn't mind. He wanted me to live a life I didn't want." he explains.

"I'm so sorry; I can't imagine how you feel."
I place a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Thank you, adonis," he says, his voice quiet.

I turn to look at Marceline, and she has tears welling in her eyes. She gives me a soft smile, and I melt.

__________________________________

"Give me just a minute,"
Adonis speaks and then walks out of the room. After about 10 minutes, he comes back with a staff member.

"Are you sure you trust him?" the man says to Adonis. He nods, and Miles is now standing, looking at them.

"Okay, you're all good to go," the man says and walks out. leaving the door open.

"Miles, we're taking you back to Iris," Adonis tells him, which brings a soft smile to his face. He nods and follows us out of the room.

━━━━━━━━ ⟡ ⊹ ₊
After we arrived back at Iris' home, Miles practically jumped out of the car to run into the house. She sees him and immediately runs to him, jumping into his arms. He spins her around, and they speak in Italian to each other.
Tears run down her cheeks, and he wipes them, planting a gentle kiss on her cheek.

Adonis walks over to me and wraps an arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him.
I glance at him over my shoulder and smile.
"Thank you for trusting me," he says in a soft voice. I turn to face him and tilt my head to the side slightly. "What do you mean?" I ask.

"You could've continued to fight me; not that I would've given up, but you could've tried. You could've run, but you didn't." He pauses, looking back at them and letting his lips curl into a smile. After a moment, his brows furrow, and he looks at me once again.

"why? Why did you give in?" he asks softly.

I twist my lips for a moment as I think of a response. His question was valid, and honestly, I don't know entirely why I didn't run.

"I stopped being scared of you," I reply as I look up at him. "Instead, I started to feel comforted by your presence, and as much as part of me hated it, I started caring about you, and eventually, I fell in love with you."

His face is blank for a moment as he processes my words, then admiration covers his face.
He picks me up and spins me around, then, as he sets me down, he cups my face in his and smashes his lips onto mine in a passionate kiss. He tastes like heaven, and I could drown in his depths if he'd let me.

He breaks the kiss briefly, and we both pant lightly.

"I love you," his voice smooth and seductive.

"I love you too." I do; I love him. more than anything in this universe.