Prologue

"I'll survive. Somehow I always do."

The air was icy, piercing through my clothes, leaving me shivering uncontrollably. My dress did little to ward off the cold, failing to provide any comfort against the harsh temperatures.

Strange noises echoed in the distance, prompting me to wonder how I could hear them so clearly amidst the freezing silence enveloping me.

I bore the scars of torment, etched deep within my psyche and seared into my flesh. The haunting memories lingered, vivid and raw, as if the cold hands of my captor still gripped me with relentless force. Despite the dim illumination of the room, the bruises he inflicted upon me were starkly visible, serving as a chilling reminder of the brutality I endured.

And yet, his presence was not solitary.

The woman, whose insidious attempts to infiltrate my mind had left me reeling, now plagued me with an excruciating headache that pulsed relentlessly against my temples. With her departure, I found myself isolated, grappling with the aftermath of their collective onslaught, stranded amidst the desolate landscape of my own thoughts.

It had been several days since I found myself confined to this dismal basement, the air thick with the echoes of agonized cries and desperate pleas that seemed to emanate from every corner.

In the stillness of my captivity, I remained vigilant, observing every subtle movement in my surroundings. Despite my attempts to escape, each endeavor had been met with futile resistance, leaving me trapped in this claustrophobic prison.

The sudden creak of the doorknob shattered the oppressive silence, heralding the arrival of my daily sustenance. A plate, laden with meager provisions, slid cautiously beneath the door. Although hunger gnawed at my insides, I steadfastly refused to partake, wary of any potential tampering. The first time I succumbed to temptation, the food seemed to dull my senses, leaving me lethargic and vulnerable. Perhaps they were sedatives disguised as sustenance, yet I refused to be outmaneuvered, determined to maintain my clarity of mind despite the odds.

 If they wanted me to die, I would die, but not like this.