The Downfall of Anthony Lockwood

Lucy's POV

There was a time when I thought that Anthony James Lockwood was perfect, that time being the first five seconds I met him, then, I majorly lowered my view of him.

The last eighteen months of working at Lockwood and Co. have been the best months of my whole life. George Cubbins-Karim is practically my older brother. We bicker, we unrelentlessly jest at each other, but in the end, we'd risk everything for the other, we already have.

My relationship with Lockwood is... Difficult to explain. At times I see him looking at me the same way I look at him, and others, I cannot begin to tell.
He is the king of not expressing his emotions properly, but he's gotten better now that he's explained about his late sister's room and what happened.

Then there's the skull, I entirely loathe him. But he does have his own merits I suppose.

It's just us three, four, (if you count the skull) and that's how it will stay, our little family.

Lockwood's POV

After the end of a tedious solo case, I slump into my signature chair in the library, all of my muscles aching and my head screaming. Ever since the Lavender Lodge case it's been nonstop clients, so much so that all we ever do is solo cases now.
I look around at the mountains of mess and the floor you cannot even see and sigh.

Hell, what do I even do? The Black Winter is so bad that the cases aren't going to slow down anytime soon, I mean, I haven't even talked to Luce in three days. And George, too.

What we really need is an assistant, not an agent, just someone who takes calls, cleans up, and such. I've brought the idea up to Lucy, but she doesn't want to hear anything more about it.

I believe she's too much of a kin to me, with the reaction she had to that it seems like her trust issues are just as rampant as my own, but we really need someone to help.

The only way I could hire someone is getting Lucy out of the house for a few days, like a vacation. But where would she go? The realization hit me, her family's house is far enough to consider a visit a vacation! Perfect, I'll get this all settled in the morning, she's going to be so happy when she gets home.