Vacation Blues & Restaurant Conversations

Lucy's POV 

As I'm on the way back home, I can't help but feel a sinking dread in my stomach. Why would Lockwood send me home when I ran away from these abusive maniacs? It's clear that he doesn't care for me as much as I do him because I know I wouldn't tell him to fetch something from his sister's room or ask to clear out all of his parents' old things. But I'm just being overdramatic.

As the train pulls to a stop, so does my heart. I already see multiple familiar faces in the station, but thank goodness I've changed juristically since I was last here eighteen months ago. I walk to my old house and hesitantly knock on the door. 

"Let yourself in." The voice I recognize as my mother's called.

So I did, I walked into that house and was met with a sharp strike across my cheek. Oh Lockwood, what have you done? 

The next two days were hell. I was manipulated, screamed at, and shunned, but I would not tolerate getting struck again. I decided to leave the house a day early. 

~Author's Note: Lucy's point of view was concise and vague since she doesn't like talking about her family and I'm sure she would be depressed being back there, so that's why the writing was lacking on that one :) ~    

Lockwood's POV

Before Lucy left, I already had a candidate to interview, her name was Holly Munroe, and she had recently resigned from her secretary position at Rotwell. From what those agents had said, she sounded like the perfect fit for Lockwood & Co. 

As I walked towards the restaurant we had agreed to meet at, I was already so excited for Lucy to get home, I had a feeling that they'd be really good friends. I was going to hire a male assistant since I had already had one in mind, but I want Lucy to have a close female friend, since she lost her last one. 

I see a slim put together girl with the smoothest dark complexion I had seen sitting at a table alone searching the place with her eyes.

"Holly Munroe, I presume? Hello! I'm Anthony Lockwood, but most people call me just Lockwood." I said with my most charming smile.

"Hello Lockwood, Yes you are correct!" She replied with a crisp, light accent and immaculate manners.

"Well, It's nice to meet you. Why don't you tell me about yourself, Holly?" I asked her. I'm so confused as to why I'm so much more comfortable around her than I was with Lucy.

"Of course, my name is Holly Janice Munroe, I'm eighteen years old. When I was young I worked as an agent just long enough to get my second degree and learn all the basics, but since then I have worked as a secretary and assistant at Rotwell, which I recently resigned because I didn't like how they treated a certain issue." She answered with lightning proficiency.

"Sounds like you certainly know your way around, how about your personal life, if you don't mind me asking?" I asked with another charming smile.

"Certainly I recently moved out of my parents' house and bought my apartment, I love nature, tidying, gardening, and journaling. My friends tell me I have a very caring nature about me, and I think treating people politely until they give you a reason not to is very important. That's about all I can think of at the moment, but I'm sure if I get this position we'll get to know more about each other very fast!" She replied.

"Well, Holly, you're going to have that opportunity, since I think you'll be a perfect fit!" I replied with yet another charming smile.

"That's great! I'm very glad, but Lockwood, I appreciate the smiles and all, but I'm pretty positive that won't work on me." She said with a polite awkwardness.

"Ahaha, excuse me?" I laughed.        (Quick note, think of his tone as a kid who just got caught, not in a rude or derogatory tone)

"Lockwood, I thought it was obvious, I'm a lesbian!" She giggled.

We both started laughing and that was the point where our conversation started flowing naturally. 

~Author's Note :) Hope you liked this chapter! I just think of Lockwood at the moment as like "Yay! My introverted wife will be so happy  I found her a friend!" like just so dense and cutie-patootie core yk? LOL. Oh, the angst I'm about to write will be SO heart-shattering. Love ya!~