O. The Wake

I'll Angel In The Snow Until I'm Worthy!₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊Snow Angel   ∕  Prologue

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊
Snow Angel   ∕  Prologue

When Yuki was six, she was able to see the curse that followed her Great-Aunt Saichi for the first time

When Yuki was six, she was able to see the curse that followed her Great-Aunt Saichi for the first time. It was long, and able to hover in the air, almost reminiscent of a dragonfly. It had big, bulging green eyes, and a coat of holographic scales. It was both beautiful and horrifying.

"Saichi-san," Yuki said to the older woman as she walked by her side. "What is that... Thing?" She asked, and pointed to the creature.

Saichi looked over her shoulder at the creature, and smiled. "This is Tonboko. He was a cursed spirit that I tamed many decades ago. Now, he's more like a companion." She explained, and started to rub underneath the spirit's chin.

The longer Yuki looked at it, she realized, the more her eyes began to hurt. She averted her attention to her elder. "How did you tame him?"

"Well, Yuki-chan... Have your parents told you the story of the founder, Hikaru?" Saichi asked Yuki, then tsked when she shook her head. "I guess I can tell you, then..."

"Many, many years ago, the Sakurai Clan was nonexistent. There was just Sakurai Hikaru. Hikaru thought he was just a normal man, until one day, a powerful curse came to their village. It destroyed buildings, ate children, and it laughed while it did so."

Yuki shivered at the thought. "That sounds scary..." She said to Saichi, who nodded.

"It was scary. Hikaru was scared, too. But, he knew he had to keep his village safe. So, using the cursed energy he didn't even know he had, he used all his might to stop the curse." She explained with grand gestures, nearly wacking Tonboko a few times.