Introduction

Welcome to The  Shadow of Nature
A Rogue Cheney of Fairy Tail Fanfic

To Begin, This Fanfic will have subtle changes in its plot because Fairy Tail does have a good amount of plot holes relating to its dragon Lore that was never fixed. At least in the anime, which this book is loosely based on.
Other than that, I'll be 'adjust' the timeline because that is a fun little project for me to do.

For the Dragon Lore:
To start, the dragon slayer's features will change a little bit, They will have sharper fangs and longer ears to start like the "lifted" elf ears. They will also have cat-like pupils and scales on their neck that glow when they're overly using power/ dragon force, heightening senses.

The Dragons will also speak in "dragon tongue," which I'll call Viodir. I love making up words it is so fun.....  The dragon's teach their successors how to speak it as one of the first lessons before they start training in their element. So, in my AU, the main 5 can speak at least 2 languages, Viodir and Fiorian. While Natsu and Gajeel can speak 3, the third is old Fiorian mostly bc I feel like Igneel even as a Draconian (・.・) dragon wouldn't be going down to the towns and learning the more evolved speech of the time they were TELEPORTED TO...... I feel like Metalicana wouldn't have been bothered to go to the towns and learn from humans. The other 3's dragons (Wendy, Sting, Rogue) would have made the effort to learn the modern language. It makes more sense for why Natsu had to relearn Fiorian from Erza in that one episode.

Moving on, another thing I will touch upon is the Heartfillia Family because their lore is kinda confusing. So to start, Jude took Layla's last name, and they are not cousins, I saw someone hypothesize about that being possible..... No, absolutely not. Also, the females in the Heartfillia family have passed the knowledge of the Eclipse gate and the Dragon passage along with the Celestial Gate Keys. So it is a big deal when Layla died early because she couldn't teach Lucy about her family history or about the advancement of Celestial Spirit mages (ex: Star dress, the 2nd set of gold keys), all of which is her birth right because of Anna Heartfillia.

Then, finally, Erza Scarlet will be come a Drigvir. I feel it is only right seeing as her mother was a whole ass dragon princess and just a DRAGON SLAYER..... nah, she had the Dragon gene in her blood, at least in this Fanfic she does.

Vocabulary:

Drigvir: Humans who have dragon ancestors, it is rare for the dragon gene to be inherited and controlled by a Drigvir.
- So It could be possible for anyone to have the gene but for it to just be dormant, they will however have a large amount of magical reserves and enhanced strength, along with a few conveniently unnamed advantages which will be difficult to control if they aren't a wizard.

Draconian: Dragon who have human forms, they are born with the ability to obtain it.

Dorvai: Dragon's with no human forms, they don't have the ability to obtain a human form.

Dagoni/Dragon Slayer: A human who trains in the Dragon Slayer art, they become more than human and less than dragon.

Darilian: Half Dragon - Half Human, Born from a Draconian and a Human, they can become ruthless beings

Hoivakin: Beings born from humans and dragon slayers, they have a ridiculously huge amount of magical reserves that will only grow as they mature. they are born human and have the ability to learn a version of their Dragon Slayer parent's element.
-- So if NALU existed and Nashi was born instead of learning fire, Dragon slaying magic she could learn; lava, star (mixed with Lucy), or different types of fire (blue, white, yellow).

Viodir: The Dragon language
ㄴ...~^~...ㄱㄴ...~^~...ㄱㄴ...~^~...ㄱㄴ...~^~...ㄱ
Hii,
I am RyuuSoda the creator of this fanfic. I only own my oc's and changes to the plot and lore. Please do not copy or steal my ideas, and if you are curious, leave questions and suggestions.

Everything else regarding Fairy Tail belongs to Hiro Mashima.

RyuuSoda 🐉🥤
The cover artist is ookamisqueens on Instagram.
ㄴ...~^~...ㄱㄴ...~^~...ㄱㄴ...~^~...ㄱㄴ...~^~...ㄱ