GIF-9

"You idiot! Why did you do that at college today?" The screeching voice of my best friend pierced through my ears as soon as I attended the call

I winced and immediately lowered the volume on the phone. Shit. My poor ear. I rubbed it and switched the phone to my other end.

"Calm your voice down and what the hell are you talking about?" I replied knowing exactly what she was referring to.

She gasped. "Don't act like you didn't reject Roshan mehra."

I laughed out loud at the disbelief in her voice. Yeah I did that. I rejected the ever so popular Roshan mehra today. In front of everyone.

"But you looked cool rejecting him though. I'll give you that" she admitted.

My eyebrows rose in surprise. I didn't expect this from her. Especially not when she had a massive crush on that guy.

But I chuckled anyway." Thanks"

I opened my mouth to continue but before I could, the phone vibrated in my hand. I removed it from my ear and looked at the screen. A low battery warning flashed in big letters. Only 2% percent charge was remaining.

I put the phone back in my ear." Hey. My phone's gonna be dead in a few minutes. I will call you back later okay?"

"Okay bye." She hung up.

I plug in the phone charger and let the phone sit on top of its head hoping it wouldn't fall off.

I am sure it hadn't been more than two minutes when suddenly a big thunder crashed, scaring the shit out of me. I jumped in fear and at the same time all the lights went out in the house.

My heart pounded in my chest like I ran ten miles. Damn. I placed the towel I was folding on the bed and made a beeline to pick up my phone.

I somehow reached there with little difficulty and turned on the flashlight. The phone was now at three percent so it was enough for me to fetch a candle.

And something caught my eyes from my peripheral view. I turned to see gentle rain pouring down from the sky. That calmed my heart a little.

I went straight towards the kitchen with the help of the flash and searched all the shelves for at least one candle.

I stood on my tip toes to search the top shelf and my hands found all the things other than candles. I pushed my hands inside further in hope.

Just when I was about to give up, my fingers grazed on something covered in a plastic wrapper. I gasped and tried to retrieve it but it was impossible. My toes were beginning to hurt badly.

I huffed in annoyance and stood there for some time. Suddenly, a harsh knock at the door resonated in the quiet pitch black house. I jumped out of my skin for the second time.