chapter five

olive loved their mum, they really did. but, after two months in their new home and christmas fast approaching, olive knew their mum was going to interrogate them about their social life sometime soon.

so, it came as no surprise when olive came down to breakfast one saturday morning, their mum was there to question them.

"good morning mum!"

"good morning! why are you up so early? are you going somewhere?"

"no, i'm not. at least i don't think so. i might meet up with a friend or two sometime in the afternoon."

"oh? which friend is this?" she asked.

"tubbo, him and his friend live down the road."

"are they nice? do they respect your pronouns?"

"they do, yeah. and they are some of the nicest people ever."

"it's not surprising you think that, your lisbon friends were awful."

"mum!"

"it's the truth. they were rude to me, didn't have maners, and most importantly didn't resect your pronouns and talked about you behind your back!" mum was a little exasperated, and on some level, olive didn't blame her.

the lisbon friends, or olive's 'friends' who live in lisbon, weren't very nice. Olive didn't have any other friends though, and needed at least a little social interaction. most of the ones they had made elsewhere they weren't close with, olive had lost touch with them.

"i'm glad you've made some friends though, and i'll try to be nice to them when they come over. other than tubboo and rambo, have you made any other friends?

"other than tubbo and ranboo," olive not so discreetly corrected their mum, "yeah. i've made one other friend. their name's hunter, and she lives with her two mums. one mum has some troubles with my pronouns, but she's trying."

"good! i'm glad you're making friends. i want you to invite one over for dinner before the end of the month." olive's mum said. olive knew that there was no arguing.

"okay. i'll go see if any of them want to come over sometime."

"sometime soon." olive's mum corrected them.

"sometime soon." olive repeated. olive grabbed an apple, and went back to their room. they knew who they were going to invite. now, they just had to do it.

before that though, olive was going to chat with hunter. and complain. just a little.

hunter

hunter

hiiiii

olive

hi

hunter

how are you?

olive

fine

mum wants me to invite one of my friends for dinner

and i'm annoyed

i would ask you, but you're at a family's hosue

why did you have to go see family

hunter

over christmas break, why am i visiting family

olive

yes

and please come back!

i have no friends!

hunter