Prologue

Before the fuck shit started... She was a friend!

Do you know how you get that gut feeling telling you to stay clear of someone that you just met? Yeah, I wish I had stayed true to my feelings. See it didn't start as bad but that's usually the story of a wolf in sheep's clothing. Sitting in that jail cell made me realize how naive I used to be growing up, my gut feeling would always warn me about certain shit but I'd never take heed to it until it was too late. My family moved from the hood to the suburbs for a better environment, but shit they didn't know it was pretty much "the Hood" dressed up nice. I had just started high school and mostly all my middle school friends attended the same school I went to so I was pumped to start. Once I found out we were moving I was pissed, at my new school I wasn't a social butterfly so I stayed to myself and didn't meet any friends, most of the bitches were jealous because I came to school in high-end clothes and shoes some shit, they parents couldn't afford. Yeah, the niggas were Tryna holla at me but the females hated me. I spent most of my time outside of class in the library studying ahead of my class. Shit didn't turn up until I met my best friend Havana.

Havana was a little Mexican chick straight out of Harlem, ghetto at its finest but I loved her though. She would always sit next to me in math class and write me notes to "slide her some answers for the test". At first, I thought she was weird but I grew to enjoy her company, shit it wasn't like I had any other friends. We grew so tight we would be inseparable. we spent mainly all of high school together going shopping and talking about boys, I even helped her study and got her grades to the point where she would graduate with our class and not when she was 40. My parents bought me a brand-new Audi for my high school graduation and we were both excited as if the car was jointly ours. On our way to summerset Havana got a call from her friend Tiasha, she had been talking about this girl for a minute saying she wanted us to "Meet because she was cool as fuck and I would like her too" but she already knew my motto "No New Friends". To entertain her because I could tell that she fucked with her I agreed to pull up where she was so we could meet plus I wanted to do some shopping anyway so Tiasha sent Havana her location and we rode out. Arriving at Eastland Mall, Havana called Tiasha and told her to meet us by the Target entrance, I found a spot to park and we got out. Havana takes off toward the front of the store screaming "Hey Bitch" and both girls gave each other the longest hug as if they hadn't seen each other in years. Once I made it to them Havana introduced us "Tiasha this is my bestie Myaira, Myaira this is my homegirl Tiasha". She uninvited herself to hug me and to not be rude I did the same. Tiasha was loud as hell but from what I saw she was pretty cool. We all hung out that entire day and had a ball. I sort of felt bad for being such a bitch to her in the beginning because she seemed completely harmless. As the years went on, me and Tiasha became cool, I would ditch my nigga when she would call me to make plans and if it wasn't too crazy id go. Things got pretty crazy when Havana got into legal trouble and had to spend 18 years in prison. She called me right before her sentencing to tell me to come to court to support her and of course, I came. But before the call ended, she told me not fuck with Tiasha anymore, and when I asked her why the phone hung up. I was confused because that was originally her home girl at first. On the day of her sentencing, the prosecutor told the judge that Havana had 32 grams of crack, pills, and 7 pounds of weed in her residence along with a variety of unregistered guns. I was shocked because it wasn't like Havana to be mixed into those types of activities, I would have been the first to know about it if she was. I asked Tiasha about what the situation was with her and Havana and she claimed Havana was upset with her for having to work the day of her sentencing. Had I listened to both my gut feeling in the beginning and Havana's warning I wouldn't be awaiting my sentencing, I wouldn't have slightly tarnished my life, and I wouldn't be where I am right now! All I could think about was Havana's warning buzzing around in my head like an angry bee. Once She died in prison due to suicide it broke my heart. The only person I now felt was responsible for her death was Tiasha. I never in a million years would have thought that this bitch would commit the ultimate betrayal. When a bitch is consumed with her nigga and he's married to the streets it's a recipe for disaster. I lost a lot fucking with that bitch and it's crazy when you confide in a friend you think you can trust and that shit gets spat in your face. But it wasn't over and I was coming for revenge!!!