West side the best side

March 1, 2024
Chicago

"Girl you know I don't like going out." I said.

"Bitch all the niggas gone be there, and drinks too!" Ariana said.

"Oh my goodness. Ima ask my mom and see what she say." I said with an attitude.

"Yes! Bet, just let me know what she say." Ariana said.

I hung up the phone and looked at myself in the mirror.

Let me properly introduce myself, I'm Mariah.

I'm 17 and a senior in high school

I'm 17 and a senior in high school. I'm suppose to be a junior but I worked twice harder in school when my sister passed away, a few months ago. It gave me motivation cause I know she's with God instead of still in the streets.

It's just me and my mama now. I'm dealing with my sister death the best way I can, while on the other hand, my mama has been a wreck but grieving the best way she can.

                            *Notification Ring*
Ma💬: Riah I'm staying over Mikes for the night. Don't dirty up my house.

I read that text feeling slightly satisfied. I love my mom but I do enjoy time to myself. Also I don't have to ask if I can go out tonight.

I heard knocking at the front door which made me go downstairs to see who it is. I looked out the window by the door and seen who it was.

"Bestie!" Ariana yelled as soon as I opened the door.

"Hey girl! Why you ain't tell me you was coming over?" I said with my face scrunched up.

"Oh bitch please, you and your mom know I come whenever I want." She said.

I laughed while we both were going into the kitchen.

"So did you ask her?" Ariana asked.

"Nope no need to, she's leaving tonight which means.. automatic yes, duh." I said.

"You sum else, but anyway we gotta get real cute cause the niggas is gonna be out baby." Ariana said.

"Girl it's the west, the niggas is always out bitch." I said.

"I'm talking about grown niggas, niggas with money bitch." Ariana said.

I laughed and got on my phone.

"So what time it start?" I asked.

"9 pm sharp! What you wearing?" She asked.

"I don't even know, let's go look." I said going up the stairs.

Zaneir's pov

"Man block parties not even my type of scenery, nigga you know that." I said.