Chapter 14: A Night to Remember

LEXIE'S POV: 

The anticipation buzzed in the air as Lexie stood in front of the mirror, nerves and excitement tangling in her stomach. Tonight marked a special celebration – one month clean. Renee had planned a surprise, and the only instruction Lexie received was to wear something cute but comfortable.

Opting for black cargo pants, a cropped baseball tee with "Rapp" on the back, and black Vans, Lexie felt a newfound confidence. Being with Renee unintentionally became a source of strength, helping her manage her eating disorder. As she finished getting ready, she couldn't help but smile at her reflection.

The knock on the door pulled her from her thoughts, and Lexie rushed to open it. The sight before her left her momentarily speechless – Renee stood there in a black bralette, black wide-leg jeans, a white button-up left open, and black-framed glasses. She looked both cute and undeniably sexy.

**RENEE:** *Earth to Lexie!*

Renee snapped her fingers in front of Lexie's face, breaking the trance and causing laughter and a blush to rise on Lexie's cheeks. They headed to Renee's car, and Lexie reached for Renee's hand, intertwining their fingers. The drive was filled with soft music, and Lexie couldn't shake the nerves, but the comforting touch of Renee's hand eased her anxiety.

After what felt like an eternity, they arrived at a cliff overlooking the city – a breathtaking view. A blanket was hung up from the trees, a picnic basket on the floor, and a projector ready to play. Renee led Lexie to the trunk, filled with blankets and pillows. The picnic basket, packed with snacks, completed the scene.

**RENEE:** *So, do you like it?*

**LEXIE:** *Like it? Renee, it's amazing. I can't believe you did all this.*

They settled into the blankets, laughing, and indulging in the snacks. It was a perfect moment, the city lights twinkling below. As The Little Mermaid intro played on the projector, Renee turned to Lexie, her eyes shimmering with pride and affection.

**RENEE:** *Happy one month clean anniversary, baby. I'm so proud of you.*

The atmosphere turned charged as they locked eyes, a tension growing between them. Unable to resist any longer, Lexie closed the gap, leaning in to kiss Renee. The connection was electric, a culmination of unspoken feelings that had lingered between them.

The moment was breathtaking, but as they pulled away, Lexie couldn't read Renee's expression. A cliffhanger loomed in the air, leaving the question of how Renee would respond to the unexpected kiss hanging in the night.