One

'Feeling the sunshine

Start to die'

-

The building itself was an odd colour, blue. The colour of sadness. And it was sort of square? And it seemed to be covered with moon shaped windows. Strange. For sure. 

This isn't what he was expecting really, it sort of made him curious as to what was inside, so as much as he was dreading it, he entered the school. 

Upon entry, he understood the moon theme. Because all forms of light, happiness and sunshine had come to die in this highschool. All students were miserable, emotionless and scared. Evvie who he thinks he saw earlier wasn't like this. Not one person smiled at him as he walked through the hallway.

What is everyones fucking deal? He thought, as he had to force his way through heads of emotionless teens sitting in an uncomfortable silence. 

At his locker, he pushed all his books inside when suddenly he heard a 

SLAM!

A locker on the other side of the corridoor slammed shut. A girl cowered in the sight of the girl slamming her locker. She was this blonde girl.... with the greenest eyes..... and fridge was just. He was just staring at her. Lost in the sight of her hair bouncing cleanly off the sides of her blazer. She was beautiful. 

Scary. As she started screaming at the poor girl.

But beautiful.

She was like flowers themselfs, lilly's of the valleys. He felt as if a bird should land gently on her fingertip.

He caught sight of her, as she looked in his eyes. Her head tilted, examining the boy. Working him out. He gulped, closing his locker. He wanted to run away, but it was like his legs were glued to the ground as she appraoched him. 

"Ayup, Emo Boy. Who the fuck are you?" She said, a smile on her face. Maybe she wasn't evil. 

"I'm f-fridge."

She laughed. "Fridge? Like the kitchen applience, fridge?"

"N-No. well, Yeah but-"

"Unmoanable name. Like nnnghhhh fridge. It just doesn't work" She joked. He laughed along, finding her rather funny. His heart beat faster.

"Where are you from?" She asked.

"I transferred from ArtemisSMP High."

She rolled her eyes. "Of course you were sweety. With that fringe"

"My fringe isn't b-bad"

"Keep telling yourself that"

He thaught the moment was over, but then-

"Kelsey" A familiar voice yelled, running over to the girl (Kelsey) and giving her a hug.

"Evvie?" fridge was confused.

"You know Evvie?" Kelsey asked. 

"Yeah I know Evvie."

"She's my G" She said.

"Evvie used to go to Artemis."

"I did?" Evvie was confused now. 

"No, Ev. You didn't you know this. Are you high?"

"Ye"

Kelsey turned to fridge "Well then. I guess I can tolerate you. You sitting with us at lunch?"

"Yes"

-

Fridge skipped through the first few classes, bored, and eager to talk to Kelsey again. He practically ran out of the classroom to the table. 

Kelsey was sat on the table, a circle table in the middle, because she was the queen B on the school. she sat, hair flowling in the wind. Whilst Evvie sat with her head in her arms, taking a nap after greening out.

"Hi Kelsey" He said,

"Hi." She said softly. "Come sit."

He sat next to her, on the table.

"So. Tell me about yourself. Kitchen man"

"It's fridge. And there's nothing to tell. I like video games? Idk. I'm just a normal boy"

"Everyone has secrets." Kelsey whispered. 

"Huh."

"Remember that. Everyone has secrets. The thing they won't say." She smiled, before changing subject. "I want to sit outside. Come with?" She offered him his hand, he took it.

She pulled him outside, under a tree. A big willow tree. 

"Fridge?" She asked.

"Yeah?"

"How did you forget where you knew Evvie from? She told me you've eachother for yonks."

"I.... don't know' He turned his head away. 

"Hm." She looked at him. "Well. I think you're alright. You're actually pretty cool fridge'.

His heart fluttered. is this real?