Two

'Ill write your words

In a book '

-

After School, Fridge met Kelsey by the gates of Eternal High. He stood awkwardly, not sure what to say. She looked at him with a look of annoyance, waiting for him to say anything really. 

"I don't get why Evvie is mates with you"

Her reputation as short-tempered proceeds her. It's known she is quick to anger. But something about her calls to Fridge. It lures him in and he finds himself enamoured by her. 

"I think It's because I'm funny" Fridge shrugs, honest.

"No you're not." 

"Thanks."

"No problem."

In truth, he doesn't know what he's doing here. He should go home, but he finds himself with her fingers around his wrist, dragging him toward the local corner shop, owned by local boss man Henry Mully.

"Buy me a 56p energy drink." Kelsey asks (demands) and Fridge complies. He usually wouldn't take such bullshit, but he can't find it in himself to say no. Suddenly, the bell of the shop enters and a red-eyed Evvie entered the shop. School uniform untucked. She browsed the isles of the corner shop, picking her munchies carefully. 

"You guys wanna share a spliff?"

So thats how Fridge found himself in a park in a feild. Sat on the swing next to Kelsey as Evvie rolled a fat blunt. She puts it to her mouth and takes deep inhales, occasionally offering it to the two. Fridge declines, and Kelsey takes a few. 

"I wish Laini were here" Evvie exlaimed, looking into the sunrise as if Laini should appear. 

Fridge raised an eyebrow, who the fuck was laini? does he know a laini?

"Who's Laini?"

The two girls stared at him. Blank eyes. Confused. 

"My best friend? I'm like always with her? I talk about her all the time?"

"Oh."

"Speaking offff...." Evvie looks at her phone. "I'm off to her house now"

"Don't shag too hard" Kelsey laughs. 

As Evvie leaves the two alone, tensions rise in the air. 

She grabs his hand, leading him to the slide.

"You're.... not awful" She confesses.

"Thanks"

Looking deeply into eachothers eyes, Kelsey suddenly pulls him in. Their lips connect softly, and they pull away as sparks fly in the air.

"I want to know your secrets fridge."

His heart skips a beat.

"I like secrets"