The Assignment: Part III

TWs: NSFW language and smut, edging, dirty talk, oral, blood play, marking, mentions of abuse/illegal immigration/deportation, organ theft, non-consent, predatory characters and actions (none committed by the MMC), stalking, dub-con, blood, use of various weapons, violence, death/murder.

AN: Originally this was only going to be a oneshot, but the lovely friend I wrote this for was kind enough to agree to sharing one of the alternate endings I wrote for her (thank you LL!) since my stalker!Hux senses have been tingling for a while.

Special thank you to my girls Ava and Cat for being my beta readers and getting me out of my own head because this continuation was a hop, skip, and a jump away from the trash X___X I don't know what I'd do without amazing friends like you!

I hope you enjoy part 3. <3 

___________________________________

Day by day, he was breaking down every defense you had. Smashing through the walls you'd built up and tried to maintain. And despite the situation, despite what you expected after kidnapping you and stealing you away from your life, he wasn't doing it by manipulating you. He didn't need Stockholm Syndrome to get what he wanted. 

He was getting it just by telling you the truth, and delivering on his promise to show you the life you could have. 

Okay, maybe it was a little manipulative given you were still locked in the basement, but it wasn't like you were hurting for anything. Anything you asked for - short of being released - he brought you. He'd even kept his word and let you contact your friends and family so long as you didn't do anything 'stupid' like tell them you'd become the governor's pseudo basement wife. 

Armitage wasn't the man you thought he was. 

Scratch that; he wasn't the killer you thought he was. Yes, he'd taken lives. No, he wasn't apologetic about it. But he didn't kill for the sake of killing. Spilling blood didn't get him off. He just lacked the gene most people were born with that told them murder was wrong and you can't solve your problems with a hit list. 

Maybe you were just as fucked up as he was for not seeing him as a monster. Especially when he told you about Brent. Truth be told, you'd nearly forgotten that encounter until Hux showed you the surveillance footage of the guy nearly sending you sprawling to the floor of the lobby, then having the nerve to act like it was your fault. 

You weren't glad he was dead...but there was something about the way he'd looked at you. The way he'd told you that no one but him was going to put a hand on you. 

He didn't fuck you again. He'd meant his promise that he wasn't going to earn your resentment in such an intimate way. 

But now you were starting to resent yourself for what remained of those walls. 

You wanted him. You wanted him every time he came down those stairs and smiled you. You wanted him every time you breathed in his scent. You felt every fraction of your self control slipping away every time he touched you. Even if it was just his hand brushing yours, or his lips touching to your forehead. 

____________________________________

"Wait." 

Two weeks. 

Two weeks and you couldn't fucking stand it anymore.