Chapter 11:The Lavaliere's Secret

Everyone in the special department are currently searching at the library. Our next objective is to gather informations about what happened during the ancient times, what's its connections about today's problems and what we should do to act and stop it.

"This is bad..." Mia said.

"Why? What is it?"

"Look."

She handed me the book she's reading. And when I looked at it...

♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦

Long long ago, there lived a woman and her son. They were good people but very poor. One day, the boy found a beautiful white pearl tinged with pink. He held it gently in his palm, watching it gleam in the midday sun. Marveling by its beauty, he brought it back home afterwards.

His mother was delighted by the pearl and she told him to take good care of it. But on the next day, two men crowded close and approached them.

"We shall have your pearl." But before he could grab it, the boy snatched it up and put it in his mouth.

"Give it to us!" Cried the men.

One of them began to shake the boy, forcing him to spit out the pearl. He shook so hard, the boy accidentally swallowed the pearl. The boy felt a burning sensation in his stomach as if it would burst.

Suddenly, a loud crack of thunder sounded. The wind roared, lightning flashed, and rain poured from the heavens. The earth trembled, and people fell to the ground, grateful that their drought had ended.

But now they were astonished at the sight before them, for the boy began to grow. Larger and larger he grew, and soon scales appeared on his back. Horns sprouted from his head. His eyes grew and bulged from his head. The woman wept as she watched her son turn into a dragon. She knew that the pearl was to blame.

The boy then knew that he would not change back. That's why he decided to leave the town and never return.

♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦◘♦

"Reanna?!"

Ouch! My head hurts.

"Are you okay?" Mia asked.

"Huh? Ehh...yes." I replied.

"....A human turned into a dragon. Is that even possible?"

"I don't know, but I have an ominous feeling about it. I can't say if this story is either true or not. But sometimes, I think that myths and legends tells us about the past."

I carefully scanned the book I was holding out of curiosity. What is this feeling? It's as if I was swallowed by the book a moment ago. Is this some kind of spell placed upon it? The way Mia speaks about it is awfully scaring me. And I feel very dizzy after reading it.

"By the way, can you tell me where you found this book?" I asked.

"It's piled up together with the ancient records."

"Ehh!?"

Then that means...there's a possibility that the story about the human dragon might be true after all . If it really is, where could he have gone too? And what will happen if it returns?

I don't know anymore. It doesn't makes any sense at all. Moreover, the book's author is unknown. Also, a lot of pages has been ripped apart too. And most of all, there's no specific date when it was created.