Chapter 12:Night of the Full Moon

I ran...I kept on running til my body couldn't take it anymore, it's nothing compared to my shattered heart. Tiny raindrops began to fall down and the wind started to grow stronger and restless. It's almost like the sky is crying with me. I thought that my memories would give me happiness but I was completely wrong. It was the ultimate opposite, what it gave me was pain, sorrow, and despair.

Many lives were wasted just to save this life. I now realized that I was actually the real root of our doom. My very existence gave others death and agony. I kept on finding the answers but I ended up finding more questions. I told myself to accept my past no matter what it is, but I denied it at the end.

All this time, I tried to help but it turns out that I was actually the problem all along!
I shouldn't have existed, I would only bring misery to everyone.

____________________________

It was very dark at night. Before I knew it, I was already far from home. I sat on a strong boulder near the lake, not knowing what to do. My eyes is already sore from shedding tears. My head hurts from thinking too hard. And most of all...my heart is still aching.
I'm really hopeless aren't I?

"Hey! Don't push me! She'll see us." I heard small voices nearby.

When I looked behind me, I saw two little people with tiny wings. They have golden hair like the color of the sand. Their eyes sparkle in the night like diamonds. And their clothes are shining, reflected by the moon's light.

"Fairies!?" Why are they in a place like this?

What a cute little creatures! I stared at them, marveling by their nice-looking outfits. They must have made them on their own using their powers and creative minds.

"Princess! We're glad that you're alright!" They said. I wonder if we already met each other when I was young. Somehow, it feels nostalgic.

"Who?...Me?"

"Oh sorry, we know that you lost your memories. It must have been painful to have them back." They apologized as I nodded.

"We've been watching you. Ever since you escaped from the palace until the moment you lived here in Elsiera. Originally, we didn't intend to appear before you now, but we were told to warn you about the incoming ordeal."

"What will happen?"

"He's coming..."

"Who?" I asked again. Somehow I feel uneasy.

"King Robert, he will come for you. And we're sure that he's plotting something bad. We came to warn you about his ill intentions."
They answered.

Is he really that evil? Even though he's suppose to be my father? If they say that he's coming, it means that he's still alive. Moreover, he has bad intentions. And if that's the case, wouldn't he be the world's enemy and mine as well? I'm wondering about what kind of things must have happened to him for him to do all this nonsense.

I can't see the significance of doing terrible things just because he didn't liked me as his daughter. Did he really hated me that badly? Or it's just that he never really loved my true mother? If I'm right, it would appear that he only loved her because of her fame and money. But it's still confusing, he's a king so he should have his own kingdom.