Somewhere on Mobius...

Tails was doing some research in his lab. He wasn't doing his typical works, but something else. He was looking up information on an island that wasn't too far away from their home town. Annabelle was out getting lunch for her and her sibling, since she was getting pretty hungry from all of the research they were doing. Tails had everything laid out on his desk, eventually laying things out on Annabelle's too. He hoped she didn't mind.

Sonic happened to enter Tails and Annabelle's place, curious as to what his two tailed friend was up to. He was shocked to not see Annabelle with Tails, but he explained that she was out getting the two of them lunch. Afterwards, he sat in her seat and rolled on over to Tails. "Say, what is this place? Never heard of it," the hedgehog asked his friend. "You've never heard of the island of Yootopia? It's like...famous in the books!" the fox exclaimed as he pulled out a book and flipped its pages to where the island was shown. He showed the book to Sonic, who started looking at the picture.

He was left breathless. Never had he seen such an island as that as he touched the pages. "I've heard that five Mobians who live on that island have abilities like most of our friends, but they're quite unusual from what we've seen. Well, one of them has your speed and-" Tails was cut off by Sonic smirking over the word speed. He might of just of found himself a rival to challenge besides Shadow. He then laughed, making Tails hold in a laugh of his own as Annabelle returned with sub sandwiches. She smiled over seeing Sonic present as she placed lunch down on the table.

"Continuing the Yootopia research huh?" she asked her brother as she picked up the book Sonic was eyeing. The book also featured a mural of the five Mobian heroes who once were destined to save the planet from darkness two years ago, and they were the very same Mobians who lived on the island. "Yeah! It's been interesting seeing what we can learn about the island. We might get to meet the five heroes too!" Tails exclaimed with a smile. "And I can challenge the fastest one on the island to a race. I'm in for it!" Sonic boasted, making Annabelle laugh.

He stayed around to share the sub sandwich with Annabelle as the two foxes continued their research. "Hey, ever heard of the so called Fountain of Youth on the island? Apparently it's supposed to be a sacred spring the residents of the island guard," Tails asked Sonic through sandwich bites. Sonic cocked his head to the side in confusion. "Basically, an artifact the residents of Yootopia guard," Annabelle added in as she flicked a crumb off of Sonic's face.

Sonic understood, since it reminded him of Knuckles and the Master Emerald back on Angel Island. "I've never heard the story though. Might as well listen in," the blue hedgehog then said. Both foxes smiled with Tails explaining that he'd tell the story of the spring to him. After all, the famous blue blur had never heard of it, yet he wouldn't know that adventures were around the corner on that island called Yootopia.