Episode One: A Sacred Spring

Original episode title: A Magical Spring

"Grandfather Looney? Can you tell us the story about the sacred spring again?" a young raccoon asked Looney, a snowy owl who was one of the elders of Yootopia. He chuckled and replied, "Of course little one. The story of the sacred spring's discovery has been passed down from generation to generation." The other kids who were gathered with the raccoon gasped in delight, ready to hear the iconic sacred spring story. It wasn't just the kids that liked it. All of the Mobians who lived in Yootopia loved that legend and still cherished it.

Clearing his throat, Looney began the story: "Once upon a time, there were a tribe of Mobians. These Mobians were the first ones to find and establish the island we all live on today. The island had everything they needed: food, supplies, you name it, hence why the island was named Yootopia by the tribe. They declared it as a sanctuary to all Mobian kind. As they built their civilization, they happened to stumble upon something incredible. Something they'd never encountered on their travels. That was when they discovered our sacred spring. They were mesmerized by its crystal clear waters, and when they took those first sips, they were instantly hooked on the water. They dubbed the water as the main source of drinking water on the island, besides the typical rivers and ponds they had for water. As centuries passed, each of the Mobians who lived here would guard the special spring in case twisted people showed up to steal it, since it is considered an artifact here on the island. Now of course, there are the rumors of our spring making someone young forever with a few sips, hence the spring being dubbed the 'Fountain of Youth', but whether this is true or not, we do know that the magical spring here in Yootopia is our most precious thing, for it keeps our souls and hearts pure and peaceful."

--------------

Yootopia was a haven for all Mobian kind, but not everyone wanted a peaceful life. Even on the most beautiful of islands, darkness always laid around the corner, whether it was in the form of people or places. In this case, it was both. The Death Forest was a place where no Mobian dared to tread. It was full of dangerous and mysterious things more than meets the eye.

In a castle that laid at the heart of the forest, a shady figure was on the phone with someone. "So you'll be here shortly right?" the figure asked. "Yes. I'll be there in a few moments. This spring water has really gotten my interest. I look forward to working with you, Mr. Big Boss," the other person said through the phone. "Excellent. I shall see you soon." With that, they hung up the phone, calling over their alligator minions Oops and Koops to the office they resided in. "This is it boys," the Big Boss started with a smirk from their dark and almost masculine figure. "With the famous Doctor Eggman on my side, I could make a huge fortune by selling that spring water!"

"Wait. You mean, THE Doctor Eggman?!" both alligators said in shock. They never would have imagined that their boss, probably the most nefarious in the whole world, would get someone as famous as Sonic's arch rival to help them on their mission of stealing the sacred spring. He soon laughed and replied, "Why so shocked? This is the perfect chance to strike and salvage the water." Oops and Koops weren't exactly having it. "You're seriously not talking about that spring!" Oops started as Koops joined in: "You can't really be serious!"

In annoyance, the Big Boss stood from his desk, slammed his fist on it, and snarled, "Don't tell me what to do you idiots! Until Eggman gets here, go and bring me the spring water immediately!" Both of them nodded, but Oops soon questioned about the Mobians that lived on the island, making Koops quickly shush his brother. This made the Big Boss facepalm before throwing a knife at the two, causing them to duck as the knife struck the center of the map they had of the island.