chapter 4

"The others already ate

"The others already ate. Are you fine with continuing on?" Haruto inquired. "Fine by me," she responded, glancing back. "Are you hungry?" she directed at him. "No, I'm fine," he replied.Hopping onto the horse, she extended her hand for him to grab. Hopping on right behind her, he settled down. The others started moving, and she followed last. Sitting there without her hands on the horse, he queried, "Don't you need to hold on?"

"I'm fine," she assured before seizing the horse's leash to catch up. The way to the capital was two days long, so they would arrive later today since they woke up early.

Upon arriving at the capital, they dismounted. "So are we going to part ways here?" Haruto asked. "I suppose so. Would you be able to tell me where a good place to stay is?" she inquired."Are you not staying with your friend?" he wondered. Glancing back before answering, she replied, "I won't be in the capital much. I'm just here to get some things done."

"I see. Well, I recommend this and that," he suggested, continuing to provide suggestions.After he left, she turned towards him. "Do you need someone to take you to your home or...?" she offered.

"It's fine. I can go alone from here on," he assured. Just then, she heard two men talking about elves. "Those creatures... Just because of their longer lives and good magic attributes, they're so loved by the royal family."

"How about I bring you there after all?" she proposed."No, it's fine," he declined.

"It wasn't really supposed to be a question," she remarked before she started walking. "Say, from where exactly are you?" she inquired."I live in the castle," he disclosed."Lucky me, encountering someone from the royal family on my first day in the capital," she mused.

Upon arriving at the castle gates, the guards stopped them. "Who do you think you are to enter the castle?" the guard questioned. Taking off his hood, he calmly stated, "Daiki Nakamura.""Sir Nakamura, our apologies for not having noticed it was you sooner," the guards apologized with a bow. This was like a dramatic 'how don't you know I'm the prince' scene from an anime, she thought.

As the guards opened the gate, he started to walk inside. He turned around. "Are you not coming?" he asked."I doubt a commoner like me should enter the castle just like this," she stated."Don't worry, you're here on my invite," he reassured."I have other things to do today, so this will be my farewell," she declared."I see. It was nice meeting you," he responded.

As the castle gates closed, Yueting walked off. "System, do you have some kind of map?" she asked.

⌞System message: Of course! I have prepared a special map just for you, master.⌝

With that, a system-like window popped up in front of Yueting, displaying a map of the entire city. She could see other cities too, but it was zoomed in on this one, probably because she was in this city right now.