chapter 8

The stranger did not act at all like the 'Princess Meiyang' encountered in this universe

The stranger did not act at all like the 'Princess Meiyang' encountered in this universe. The person stood still, refusing to remove their mask. With a sense of urgency and suspicion, Yueting addresses the stranger, her voice tinged with determination. "Since it couldn't be you alone behind this, who was the other one? It can't be the king, I assume," she remarks, her eyes fixed on the masked figure.

The stranger's response is filled with anger, their tone betraying frustration and defensiveness. "Who told you all of this?" they demand, their voice tense with emotion. Yueting maintains her composure, her own voice calm yet insistent. "Why? Do you suspect there's a snitch among you?" she probes, her words deliberate and probing.

"There couldn't be," the stranger insists, their tone adamant yet tinged with uncertainty. Yueting acknowledges the response before pressing on, her demeanor unwavering. "Thank you for answering my question," she says before continuing, her voice firm and resolute. "It seems you're not acting alone, so who is the person helping you?"

As Yueting grabs one of the bodies and holds it over the cliff's edge, the stranger's desperation becomes palpable, their actions betraying a sense of urgency and panic. "Don't!" they exclaim, their voice laced with fear and desperation. But Yueting remains steadfast, her resolve unshaken as she confronts the masked figure.

"Why would you?" the stranger protests, their voice trembling with emotion. Yueting, however, remains focused, her voice steady as she articulates her deduction. "You didn't poison me when you had the chance, so it must mean you 'need' me too," she deduces, her words laced with determination.

As she stands on the edge of the cliff, her actions speak of resolve and determination, her gaze fixed on the masked figure before her. "Is it the queen?" she questions, her tone questioning yet resolute. The stranger's response is filled with uncertainty and apprehension, their voice betraying a sense of confusion and disbelief.

"So I'm right, the queen is behind this," Yueting concludes, her voice unwavering as she confronts the masked figure. "Well then, thank you for your help," she says as she takes the other body and hoists it over her shoulder, her actions conveying a sense of finality and resolve.Taking another step back, she steps into the air and falls backward down the cliff, her actions decisive and purposeful. As the stranger cries out in desperation, their voice filled with panic and fear, Yueting throws the bodies down and quickly removes the mask, her actions swift and deliberate.

It's Meiyang. Yueting could have guessed this; she had heard before that Meiyang was close to the queen, being her daughter. So when she heard the queen was behind this, she practically knew it was Meiyang. Even though their voices were different and their actions weren't the same, nothing could go against recognizing her face in this outfit.

"You!" Meiyang says as she tries to cover her face, but it's too late. "It's too late, my love. You don't have to hide yourself anymore," Yueting says, her voice soothing and calm, her words filled with compassion and understanding.