Chapter 6

Ira singh ranawat

The world is so unpredictable, you never know what's coming next, things happen so suddenly that you are unable to cope up with them. The situations in our life always puts us in a place where we are unable to take the control of our own life.

So, when I stand in the middle of my house with my bestfriend holding my hands tightly, basically trying to comfort me, to make me ready to face these people who sat infront of me claiming that they are my family, I want nothing but to run away from them.

We often want to run away from our reality  , escape our feeling and forget our situation but the fact is you can never escape your reality, it is the truth and the truth is inevitable. You have to face it one  way or another.

I am feeling anxious, it's been half and since my mother and that man went in her room to have a conversation about what I don't know neither want to find out. I just want that conversation to end and clear all the misunderstanding they have regarding me and move out of here. That's it . I don't want any other possibilities.

I looked at the old man sitting on the sofa who is continuously staring at me since he came here. I don't want acknowledge his gaze because of the way he is looking at me.

He is looking at me like I would disappear if he blinked. His gaze is soft that it melts my heart. He eyes are glistening , looking  at me, so many emotions in them, which I don't want to acknowledge.  so , I looked way.

My gaze met the women beside him, she pass me a small smile , I force mine for the sake of politeness.

The door of my room opened and the three people come out , my Mom, that guy and the man I loathe Steve Evans,  my mother's boyfriend ignoring him I looked at my mother and she looked lost.

My hearts clench looking at her. Leaving sofia hand I moved  towards my mother but before I can say something she says

"Ira I want to talk to you about something " talk now can we please escort this people out first.

"Now " I muttered in a low voice

"Yes, right now" She said firmly "umm sofia darling can you please entertain our guests until I and Ira have a talk " She adds

What?

What the need to entertain these people ?

Sofia nods in response

"Let's go Ira" before I can react Mom grabs my hand and take me to her room. Steve followed us, God can he please spare us some privacy.

"Ira I want to tell you something "

I nod, I know it the way she grabs me here

"I am not your biological mother "

Silence

I freeze

What ?

What was that?

She is lying right ?

She must be joking ?

"Y-You are j-joking right "  my voice  trembling asked her

"No, Ira that's true, I am not your biological mother. " She said firmly not a single emotion in her voice

"T-Then h-how " I feel tears in my eyes, I stopped them from coming out.

" 15 years ago , I found you in a park amist the heavy rain, you were crying so loudly. I just walking down the Lain when I saw you I thought to help you and bring you with me.I Try to find your parents but Noone was there and there are no complaints for a new born baby. My friend suggested we could give you to orphanage but I can't bring myself to give you to an orphanage because I know how It feels like to be an orphan" her eyes reflet pain "So , I kept you with me because I have no one to call mine but " She stops at the end