XXIV

Rᴜɴɴɪɴɢ ᴀᴡᴀʏ...

It started as any other day, minus the fact that Yelan decided to drop in on the happy few

It started as any other day, minus the fact that Yelan decided to drop in on the happy few. M/n of course wasn't happy with this but Ai played the mediator. There was something that M/n also noticed about his sister of this world. She became a clumsy idiot around Ai and this annoyed him. Why you may ask? Zandik was romancing everyone's favorite woman of the household and it was a strange yet very beautiful blossoming relationship. Everyone expected Ai, found it strange when the crazy doctor kept dropping in.

Then they understood, the nut bag was in love with the ever so sweet and non-judgmental woman. She didn't care about what he did in the past, she didn't care that Zhongli was the Geo Archon, nor did she care that Childe was a battle-crazed man, what matters most is the present and who they truly are; a true soul of gold, as Zhongli called her.
"Aiya! Keep your eyes to yourself, Yelan...You had your chance many months ago."

"What are you talking about?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about."M/n snips back before sipping his tea calmly, Zandik on the other hand cocks his eyebrow and turns his red eyes to look at Zhongli and Childe; to which they shake their heads.
"So...Is Pantalone still annoyed with my stealing this coat?"

"Huh? Oh moneybags, no he doesn't seem to care anymore and went on to tackle other endeavors."This caught M/n by surprise! If Pantalone stopped caring...Then why did the original die in the first place? M/n no longer felt safe again, panic rises and his hands tremble for a moment.

So making a quick decision M/n asked Ai to join him for a trip to the market so he could cook something different.

This however sparked such an unfortunate situation to happen...

🪨💧🌿

"Ugh...My..My head...What the hell happened?"M/n groans, his vision is hazy but as soon as a hand touches his shoulder a startled yelp leaves his lips.
"M/n it's me! Calm down, can you see?"

"Ngh not really, what happened to us?"

"I don't know, it all happened so fast! O-One moment we're on the way home and the next I woke up next to you in some sort of holding cell...I can't even see the sun nor can I feel the wind."

"Somewhere underground. Dammit, I think I got hit on the back of the head because it hurt more than it should."M/n sat up with a sigh, in all his panic not once did he think that leaving his lover's side would result in this outcome. He sighed, there wasn't much time and they needed to act fast! M/n staggers to the cell door and feels around for a hole.

"Hmm, is this a Geo clasp? If I know anything, applying pressure to the right crack..."M/n mutters while using his vision to conjure up a vine to pop the construct off the base lock and he pushes the door open.
"Come on let's get the fuck out of here before they notice."Ai grabs M/n's hand and the two quickly rush off into the strange place.