4

Doin' Time ~ Lana Del Rey

New York
Now

Emma slowly stood up and wore a confused gaze as she looked at the woman that had just knocked out Hook, saving Gold's life.

"Who are you?", she slowly asked as she stood up and walked closer to her.

"A friend", the woman simply said as she locked eyes with Gold who weakly looked at her with a small smirk.

Emma quickly came out of her trance and kneeled in front of Gold.

"Gold, you all right?", she asked him worriedly. Suddenly they all heard fast footsteps as Neal came rushing down the stairs.

"What the hell's going on?", he asked as he quickly open the gate. He looked at his father on the ground then his gaze moved to the woman standing in front of him with a confused look.

"One of your dad's enemies found us", Emma said as Neal moved his gaze back to his father and kneeled down in front of him. Then he looked at the pirate still laying on the ground.

"Hook...", he whispered before he finally looked back at Evelyn. "What are you doing here? I thought you were going home?"

"I saw him coming in your building, I had to stop him", she explained as she put back her gun in the back of her jeans.

"You know her? And him?", Emma asked Neal confused but he didn't answer as he inspected his father's wound.

"Papa?", he whispered as he looked at him worriedly.

"Come on, let's take him to your apartment", Evelyn said and they all moved to help Gold up.

✰✰✰

Neal helped his father to sit on his couch, Emma and Evelyn close behind him.

"We found a storage room and locked our stab-happy pirate in there", Emma said as she closed the door behind her.

"I'll take him to my apartment later, so no one will find him", Evelyn said as she went to help Neal.

"And get this, he had a map on him. It looks like he sailed his ship here", Emma said as she held up the map.

"How did he get a pirate ship into New York?", Neal asked confused as he kept helping his father.

"Honestly, I'm not surprised", Evelyn muttered under her breath.