Denise

"Friendship is a sheltering tree, when you need a grounding point it's always them."

Hii. My names Denise they call me niecy for short. I am the child of two emotionally absent overachievers. I have 1 younger brother and 2 girl best friends. My besties are my safe haven. I need them more than i need anyone else. They are the reason i am still her, they are my support, therapy and protectors. 

My parents are great, but are always in competition  with each other. Its really weird. There is 24 hours in a day and they are home for maybe 2 out of the 24. The nannies take care of my brother while im at school, then i take over. Im a third parent, which is kinda why i would have kids until im set in my career. To avoid my children living how i did. Don't get my wrong, my life is comfortable but its pretty parentless. 

My love life is pretty great thought, i have an amazing girlfriend her name is Alex. We got together our second year of highschool. Kinda like Cass's parents, their love story is amazing. I want to be happy and married like them. I see that with Alex. We fell in love quickly but it took us a year of dating to say 'I Love You' to each other. I trust her so much, i know she would never hurt me. 

As for my besties i have two, Cassandra and Nyla. Everyone i have ever met said Cass gave off scary vibes. They just have never gotten to know the soft side of her like me and Nyla. She only likes to be called cass by me and Nyla. Anyone else gets a dirty look thrown at them, probably why everyone thinks she scary. She's really not that bad, she's like a hard candy with a sweet liquid in the middle. She just cares about us alot. Like overprotective, she broke some guy's arm before, because he was flirting with me creepily. I have no idea how she did it though. We got banned from target for a month though.

We all met in the 3rd grade. Have been inseparable ever since, i believe in love and fairy tales and stuff. But especially Soulmates. Nyla and Cassandra are my Soulmates.

Onto Nyla, she is a sweetheart, she is the sunshine out of us. She always sees' the good in anyone, even if they have wronged her. She forgives them. She's always making friends and being the nice one. Cass is the standoffish one, Ny is the talker an im the one who has to be warmed up to you. Nyla's personality has gotten her into trouble a few times, she has no filter no matter what she says. Which has caused Cass to have to throw a few punches, and she's still the nice one. 

I have a secret though, I am a recruit for a gang in our town. The Rose Thorns. I can't tell my bestfriends because they would try to talk me out of it, i want to be apart of something other then this boring routine everyday. I have heard about the leader, he's supposedly some guy thats super scary and dangerous. But I'm not scared, I'm curious. I wanna protect my besties just like Cass does. 

It's the way she will disappear for hours after something happens to me an Nyla and then she will make these weird promises. And they always come true. I got jumped once, by three girls. I was hospitalized from the damage. Cass left the hospital and told me she would be back after handling something important.  She came back hours later, kissed my forehead and said they would never touch me again. She was right. They moved, and was never heard from again.

I love my BestFriends, i would do anything for them.