Chapter 17

(Cass)

The last thing i remember is being shot, still having to shoot back at the shooters then darkness. I heard crying when i was coming too, i felt a tight squeeze on my torso. Making me groan, i opened my eyes and saw a teary face Nyla overtop me. I look at her in confusion, why would she be in this alley. I look around i see my parents,  Niecy, Alex, Ryan and Henry. But more importantly a hospital room. "Am i dead?" I asked in a scratchy rough voice.

I guess not telling by the pain, i heard a few chuckles. I look at the crying Nyla wondering why she is still crying. I look outside, the sun is coming up. Pretty. I sit up struggling a little. My body feels so weak. What did they shoot me with, sniper bullets? Wait- Fuck. I got shot. Guess I'm going to have to come up with a story for that. 

I roll my eyes and sigh. I lock eyes with my mom and i furrow my eyebrows. Jeez she looks horrible. I was only out for a day or two. Jeez my family can be a little over dramatic, the hospital wasn't needed. Hate it here. I gently move Ny off me so i can stand up and go to the bathroom, right before i moved off the bed she gripped my gown and pulled me back. 

"OW-! Ny what the fuck?" I grabbed my sore and dry throat and looked at Ny. "Sorry, i didn't mean to grab you like that. But what are you doing." I stare at her and blink blankly, what is their deal. I get i was shot but like, I'm alive. Right? Oh my god is this hell, i look around the room once more to be sure. No definitely just a hospital. 

I smirk at the thought, then look at Ny agin. "Trying to go to the bathroom?" Shouldn't that have been obvious, what else would i be able to do? Jeez I'm an asshole, i smirk again. I mean i already knew that. Why are they dragging this whole getting shot situation, it isn't the first time. But they don't know that so let me shut up. Jeez my body hurts, from sitting up. Did i get shoot more than once? 

Ny clears her throat and i see her trying to remain serious. What's funny about me having to go to the bathroom. I look at her in confusion. "You have been in a coma." I heard my dad say, of course he had to speak. Fucking cheater. I mean i dont hate my dad but damn he made life pretty miserable. Especially cheating then causing beef in the whole house because he wants to come home later and later. I roll my eyes at him and look at Ny again. 

"Okay, i still need to use the bathro-" For a week." Someone sharply cut in, it was Niecy. Oh damn. Now i see why they were dragging it. But still, I'm alive. I don't want to be suffocated. I look at everyone, it checks out. "There's no need to get up, you have a tube stu-" Nyla started off saying. I cut that off quickly. "OK! i understand." I look at her horrified. She did that on purpose. 

I call the nurse to come and get some of these extra tubes out of me, i basically had to kick everyone out. Nobody made a move t leave, as if they thought. I roll my eyes at their silliness, i grab my IV walker and walk over to the bathroom. That hurt so much, they wasn't like the other times i got shot. I felt pain but this was horrible. I need to take a hot shower, those little wash up baths the nurses gave me dont suit me.

I grab an extra gown from the nurse then i turn the hospital shower on. Hottest it could go, im freezing. I get in the shower and just a few minutes after Niecy knocks on the door before coming straight in. Gee thanks for the privacy, i stare at her questioning why she had to come in here. "I missed you." She shrugs it off. "I'm right here. Why did you need to enter the bathroom?" She starts to tear up, maybe im being insensitive. I don't mean to be but i cant believe its been a week since i got shot.  

I sigh, "Don't cry, im sorry. It was a dumb question." She just nods her head and stays quiet while i take my shower. I grab the towel off the wall and hold onto my IV pole getting out the shower. I always heal fast but for some reason this wound isn't healing as fast. What type of bullet did they shoot my ass with. I want some. I laugh and look at Niecy. She's in her own thoughts, i walk over and hug her trying to be careful of my stomach.

After about 20 minutes i finally get a hospital gown on. I tell the girls i want to take a walk and just talk. They seem the most broken, my mom seems like she is hanging in there. But i don't understand why she is so hurt by me being in a coma when i went weeks without coming home. She never cared or called. I remove those thoughts out my brain and try to be compassionate for everyone in the room. 

Even my dad. My attitude is horrible but I'm trying. Me and the girls start our walk around the hospital. They start telling me every thing that happened. "So let me get this straight, I was in a medically induced coma. For a week. Someone paid 50 grand for me to stay in this hospital, paid for that nice room. And everyone has been here the entire week." Niecy nods her head and Ny does the same.

Okay i would trip to i guess. That must have been hard, and they didn't even know what happened to me. They thought i was going to die. I almost did die from losing so much blood. I sigh, "I'm sorry." I'm sorry for a lot of things. But I'm going to leave it up to their imagination for what im sorry for. We decided that we had been in the hospital enough, we go outside and continue walking around. 

That's when a black van pulls in front of us, what the fuck? Their is almost 7 guys all dressed in black and they get out with snipers. Woah, they come to us and point the guns straight at us. Fuck, i just got out of a coma. I don't want to go back under, i start mean mugging them daring them to shoot in front of a hospital. Not to mention were all underage teens. This will be on the news. 

They grab Niecy and i gasp. Dammit i knew i should have grabbed my pocket knife. She's screaming and i know their yanking her arm to tight. "NIECY! NO!" Ny is screaming but we cant do anything at 2 of them drag her away. Kicking and screaming. I feel a sense of numbness wash over me and i know they fucked up. I grab Ny and just hug her. After they get her in the van, the other 5 get in right behind them and they speed off. 

I got their tag number, ill get my bestfriend back. FN=9320. Their dead. Them and their family.

                                                                    *Authors Note*

Thank you guys so much for the read on this story, i love reading the comments. I am going to spend some time write chapters for Part 2 of this book. So once these chapter come out, I'm going to edit Part 1. Then start writing Part 2, just maybe a few days after this chapter come out. But its going to be a mass dump of chapters. Bye, Tysm for reading.