Article of the Week: How Sick Satan Must Be

How sick Satan must be to convince a 13-year-old girl that she's better off dead.

How sick Satan must be to convince a 15-year-old boy that he's not worthy of love.

How sick Satan must be to convince a third grader that maybe they're the reason mommy and daddy split up.

How sick Satan must be to convince a 36-year-old woman that she failed as a mother.

How sick Satan must be to convince a father three years sober that just one last hit is all he needs to not hurt anymore.

How sick Satan must be to convince a newfound Christian that their sin is too big and not even God could possibly forgive them. 

How sick Satan must be to convince a grandfather that because he couldn't be home in time, he's the reason his grandson lay dead on the bathroom floor.

How sick Satan must be to convince a troubled teenager that simple revenge won't suffice for the pain he's been put through.

How sick Satan must be to hate God so much that he bends over backwards to break down and destroy the Lord's greatest creations:

Us.  

- Shelby Zaks. 

The first time I read this poem I cried because it touched me so much. But now, on the third time I am reading, I feel only anger. Anger towards Satan for what he is doing to God's people. I've never hated Satan more than I do now.